Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If the Patriots cheated, they’re hardly alone

Featured Replies

This is comical. $29M isn't as bad as a couple under-inflated footballs? Keep telling yourself that. :lol2:

  • Replies 73
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is comical. $29M isn't as bad as a couple under-inflated footballs? Keep telling yourself that. :lol2:

 

It is comical to think referring money can actually affect what is going on the field during a game as much as illegal footballs to benefit one team or stealing coaches signs from your opponent.

 

As was said earlier, if you believe deferring salary is the ultimate and dirtiest form of cheating, then restructuring a contract which is basically the same thing (both free up money under the salary cap) is just as heinous. So I would take it you are disgusted in the Patriots for doing just that.

It is comical to think referring money can actually affect what is going on the field during a game as much as illegal footballs to benefit one team or stealing coaches signs from your opponent.

 

As was said earlier, if you believe deferring salary is the ultimate and dirtiest form of cheating, then restructuring a contract which is basically the same thing (both free up money under the salary cap) is just as heinous. So I would take it you are disgusted in the Patriots for doing just that.

 

I guess you think tax avoidance (doing legal and smart things to keep your tax bill down) is the same thing as tax evasion (illegally not paying your taxes)...

 

It is comical to think referring money can actually affect what is going on the field during a game as much as illegal footballs to benefit one team or stealing coaches signs from your opponent.

 

As was said earlier, if you believe deferring salary is the ultimate and dirtiest form of cheating, then restructuring a contract which is basically the same thing (both free up money under the salary cap) is just as heinous. So I would take it you are disgusted in the Patriots for doing just that.

 

To be fair if it allowed them to keep players they would have lost due to cap space then yeah it'd as bad as on field cheating

This is from 4 days ago, yet somehow it's getting almost zero run by the media...

 

New Details on Deflategate

 

Eleven of the 12 footballs used in the first half were judged by the officials to be under the minimum of 12.5 PSI, but just one was two pounds under. Many of them were just a few ticks under the minimum.

 

A few ticks under, ehh? So, with the weather conditions as they were, if the Patriots inflated their footballs to the minimum allowed, wouldn't it make sense that they would lose a few ticks during the 2 hours from then until halftime?

To be fair if it allowed them to keep players they would have lost due to cap space then yeah it'd as bad as on field cheating

 

Which is why it is very similar to restructuring contracts. Both allow more money available to the teams for players.

 

Either way I don't see that as big of an issue as actually cheating during games.

This is from 4 days ago, yet somehow it's getting almost zero run by the media...

 

New Details on Deflategate

 

Eleven of the 12 footballs used in the first half were judged by the officials to be under the minimum of 12.5 PSI, but just one was two pounds under. Many of them were just a few ticks under the minimum.

 

A few ticks under, ehh? So, with the weather conditions as they were, if the Patriots inflated their footballs to the minimum allowed, wouldn't it make sense that they would lose a few ticks during the 2 hours from then until halftime?

 

Yet you still ignore the fact that none of the Colts footballs were under inflated and last I checked they both played in the exact same conditions. To think that the Patriots didn't tamper with the footballs they used is simply being naive.

 

You also ignore the fact that the footballs after the game were still legal after they were inflated again at halftime. Why didn't they lose air again?

Edited by GreyFox

I guess you think tax avoidance (doing legal and smart things to keep your tax bill down) is the same thing as tax evasion (illegally not paying your taxes)...

 

You are talking apples and skyscrapers.

 

I'm talking about competitive advantages during the games themselves that one team has a clear advantage during the game than the other team.

 

Let me be clear, if they forfeited every single one of Denver Broncos games, go ahead and forfeit them. The problem I see is you and others thinking it's no big deal to cheat and you condone it.

 

Patriots cheated and to convince yourselves that it is alright is to say things like "Everybody does it" yet you have no proof.

 

Be a man and stand up to your actions and be held accountable for them. Cheating is cheating period. If it makes you happy and you think it's even worse than stealing signals and stealing playbooks and tampering with footballs during games to benefit your team then so be it. forfeit all the games from those teams then. Bottom line is Patriots cheated again and got caught again and there won't be anything that happens to them that will change anything. They shouldn't have been allowed to play in the SB if you ask me or the very least coach and QB should have been suspended for the game. Is that harsh? yes, but deservedly so.

 

The reason I feel is the NFL didn't come down with anything prior to the SB is because of the Patriots bias the league has. Again please explain how the NFL can suspend Marshawn for the NFCCG and the Super Bowl if he wore different colored cleats yet they do nothing for the cheating that went on with the Patriots that actually helped them get to the Super Bowl? You can't.

 

They hypocrisy is out of control.

 

Suspend a Head Coach for an entire season for something he had no knowledge of as he stated and had nothing to do with giving any type of advantage to his team (The Saints) while at the same time under the same league management allow another coach and team to have zero punishment when they got caught with tampered footballs that allowed them a clear advantage and helped them to get to the Super Bowl. Sorry, but there is a clear bias going on.

Yet you still ignore the fact that none of the Colts footballs were under inflated and last I checked they both played in the exact same conditions. To think that the Patriots didn't tamper with the footballs they used is simply being naive.

 

Basic logic says that if the Colts inflate their footballs to 13.5 PSI and the Patriots inflate theirs to 12.5 PSI, and the Patriots are just a few ticks below the 12.5 minimum, so somewhere between 12.0 - 12.4, that the Colts footballs would be somewhere between 13.0 - 13.4 PSI. It's pretty simple.

Which is why it is very similar to restructuring contracts. Both allow more money available to the teams for players.

 

Either way I don't see that as big of an issue as actually cheating during games.

 

Are you serious? So if they did things that were against the rules that allowed them to have 3-4 players who played every game that they wouldn't have otherwise had, you don't think that's cheating?

 

Stop letting your hatred for the Patriots blind you to basic logic.

Are you serious? So if they did things that were against the rules that allowed them to have 3-4 players who played every game that they wouldn't have otherwise had, you don't think that's cheating?

 

Stop letting your hatred for the Patriots blind you to basic logic.

I didn't ever say it wasn't cheating. The difference in your argument and mine is I said they cheated then punish them. Read my posts, I said forfeit every single game from the Broncos. Do the same for the Patriots.

 

The difference in our arguments is this. I admit they both cheated, you don't. You just admit the Broncos cheated because they aren't your team. I even said feel free to forfeit every single game Jeff Blake ever played in also.

 

What I did say that has you confused is that I believe changing things that actually take place during games to gain an advantage is worse than deferring money. Anytime you cheat to gain an advantage of something during the game itself will always be worse in my eyes. I never said if it happens off the field it isn't cheating. I thought the Steelers of the 70's were cheaters because of all the steroid use etc. Cheating is cheating. At least own up to it.

 

I will guess nothing will be done to the Patriots that would affect the outcome of any game they cheated in.

Edited by GreyFox

You are talking apples and skyscrapers.

 

I'm talking about competitive advantages during the games themselves that one team has a clear advantage during the game than the other team.

 

Let me be clear, if they forfeited every single one of Denver Broncos games, go ahead and forfeit them. The problem I see is you and others thinking it's no big deal to cheat and you condone it.

 

Patriots cheated and to convince yourselves that it is alright is to say things like "Everybody does it" yet you have no proof.

 

Be a man and stand up to your actions and be held accountable for them. Cheating is cheating period. If it makes you happy and you think it's even worse than stealing signals and stealing playbooks and tampering with footballs during games to benefit your team then so be it. forfeit all the games from those teams then. Bottom line is Patriots cheated again and got caught again and there won't be anything that happens to them that will change anything. They shouldn't have been allowed to play in the SB if you ask me or the very least coach and QB should have been suspended for the game. Is that harsh? yes, but deservedly so.

 

The reason I feel is the NFL didn't come down with anything prior to the SB is because of the Patriots bias the league has. Again please explain how the NFL can suspend Marshawn for the NFCCG and the Super Bowl if he wore different colored cleats yet they do nothing for the cheating that went on with the Patriots that actually helped them get to the Super Bowl? You can't.

 

They hypocrisy is out of control.

 

Suspend a Head Coach for an entire season for something he had no knowledge of as he stated and had nothing to do with giving any type of advantage to his team (The Saints) while at the same time under the same league management allow another coach and team to have zero punishment when they got caught with tampered footballs that allowed them a clear advantage and helped them to get to the Super Bowl. Sorry, but there is a clear bias going on.

 

Just a few things more to say and then I am done arguing with you on this topic as it is beginning to get boring.

 

First, you seem to want to make any team that gets caught doing anything against the rules forfeit games. Once you start making teams forfeit games, you open up a big can of worms that have big time consequences that no league wants to deal with (that is why it never happens in any league -do you really want a team that got beat 45-7 in the AFC Championship Game playing in the SB?? Really? You also want teams punished before the investigation is completed. If someone reports that something happened, then it has to be true...sorry but I would like to see the investigation completed. I also don't buy into because they were accused of doing this in one game that that means they have been doing it since 2006 "as some say". The Pats have had a target on their back since Spy-Gate and rightfully so. If this has been going on for 9 years, you don't think someone would have said something at some point??

 

Also, I am NOT a fan of Goodell, NFL management or NFL owners. I cannot stand any of them. I totally agree with you about how they handled the Saints - way too harsh of penalties on Peyton and D-Coordinator IMO. That does not mean the NFL should make a similar mistake now. And why do you think the league has Patriots bias? How does the league get any benefit with "helping" the Patriots?

Just a few things more to say and then I am done arguing with you on this topic as it is beginning to get boring.

 

First, you seem to want to make any team that gets caught doing anything against the rules forfeit games. Once you start making teams forfeit games, you open up a big can of worms that have big time consequences that no league wants to deal with (that is why it never happens in any league -do you really want a team that got beat 45-7 in the AFC Championship Game playing in the SB?? Really? You also want teams punished before the investigation is completed. If someone reports that something happened, then it has to be true...sorry but I would like to see the investigation completed. I also don't buy into because they were accused of doing this in one game that that means they have been doing it since 2006 "as some say". The Pats have had a target on their back since Spy-Gate and rightfully so. If this has been going on for 9 years, you don't think someone would have said something at some point??

 

Also, I am NOT a fan of Goodell, NFL management or NFL owners. I cannot stand any of them. I totally agree with you about how they handled the Saints - way too harsh of penalties on Peyton and D-Coordinator IMO. That does not mean the NFL should make a similar mistake now. And why do you think the league has Patriots bias? How does the league get any benefit with "helping" the Patriots?

 

What I'm doing is saying that teams shold be held accountable for their actions period. If the only way to satisfy the Patriot defenders who point out other teams that may have done something wrong, then punish them all if that will finally make you happy and understand that cheating no matter what the actual cheating is, is wrong and if it can affect the outcome of a game then those games should be forfeited. If that is what it takes for people to understand that cheating is wrong then so be it.

Here's where I stand on the subject. I dislike all of Boston's sports teams more than any other sports teams at any level. So, when they do it they are cheaters and should be punished to the fullest extent.

 

I think Belichek is an arrogant SOB that will do anything to win. I couldn't stand Tom Brady after I heard his interview after they won their second Super Bowl and he basically said, "This is it? This is the pinnacle? It doesn't feel that great."

 

With that said, I respect the heck out of both of them. Just not a fan.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.