Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Post Play

Featured Replies

My theory on why UK is struggling to score in the post is that Orlando Antigua was the coach who really helped the posts improve. Dakari got so much better over the course of the season last year. This year he seems to have regressed. KAT struggles to score on the block with his back to the basket.

It's frustrating that we are so much bigger but can't score when catching the ball on the block w back to the basket.

I really think Coach O is the reason.

Dakari gets swatted every game. Plays hard but has little athleticism.

I don't know.

 

With Antigua's current group, Rubin Guerrero has been getting steadily better, Jaleel Cousins has shown improvement, but Chris Perry appears to be going backwards. With the recruits coming in, I wonder if Chris will hang.

Dakari's averaging 8.2 pts (53% shooting) and 6 boards in 18 minutes a game. That's nothing to sneeze at, considering WCS is averaging 9.1 (57%)/7 in 24 minutes and Towns 8.1 (50%)/6 in 19 minutes. You guys make it sound like he sucks something awful.

 

Yeah, he gets one stuffed now and again. I've seen him stuff a few, too, though (averaging 1 a game). You don't have to have exceptional athleticism to be effective in the post. Anybody remember Josh Harrellson?

My theory on why UK is struggling to score in the post is that Orlando Antigua was the coach who really helped the posts improve. Dakari got so much better over the course of the season last year. This year he seems to have regressed. KAT struggles to score on the block with his back to the basket.

It's frustrating that we are so much bigger but can't score when catching the ball on the block w back to the basket.

I really think Coach O is the reason.

 

You may have a good point. There is little doubt to how good of an asst. coach, how valuble to Cal that he was. I am not so sure that the post play is hurting the Cats this season for the sole reason that the outside shooting is much better so maybe the post play just doesn't show as much. With the height that the Cats have I would love to see more posting up and going inside. U.K. was doing that more at the first of the season when they were putting up some uncanny blowouts vs. some pretty good opposition. I do agree that coach Antiqua was a huge help, great teacher of post play.

One thing for certain is that isn't it so much better to be having this discussion while being unbeaten rather than losing some directly do to one area such as post play ? I guess I am saying is that there jst isn't a whole lot broke with this team so I am not sure if we need to fix anything, just improve on what is already great. :thumb:

It's definitely a good theory, but also our bigs are just young. I love of time they are playing with guys who have one or two more years of experience. I personally think its a lot easier to be a young shooter/slasher, than it is a to be a young big.

I also don't feel like the Cats have many sets for the bigs to actually run and have options out of. Heck the team doesn't even seem to have an out of bounds play. No substance to the offense really. Pick n Roll is sloppy at best too.

Always thought KP coached the bigs? I'm sure O taught them a thing or two, but pretty sure KP is the big man coach.

Dakari gets swatted every game. Plays hard but has little athleticism.

 

Vertically challenged. Jumps about 3 inches it appears, although I know it's more than that, lol.

Vertically challenged. Jumps about 3 inches it appears, although I know it's more than that, lol.

 

Ehh, I wouldn't be so sure it is. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.