Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pope: Catholics need not breed 'like rabbits'

Featured Replies

Pope Francis, after a visit to the largest Catholic nation in Asia, says Catholics may have a moral responsibility to limit the number of their children and need not reproduce "like rabbits.''

 

But the pope also reaffirmed the church's ban on artificial means of birth control and said Catholics should practice "responsible parenting."

 

His comments on the subject of birth control, made aboard the papal jet returning to Rome from the Philippines, were described as apparently unprecedented by the National Catholic Reporter, an independent news organization that follows the Vatican.

 

 

 

 

Pope: Catholics need not breed 'like rabbits'

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now he tells me......................................(really I only have four)

So contraception is bad but try not to have too many babies. Got it.

^ I have heard that some think that there is a "wink, wink" in there.

 

This is one of the few areas where I disagree with the official stance of the Church. It's easy for people in some areas, like ours, to say no contraception, but what about those in areas where population is an issue? Or where there are a lot of very poor people such as in many Asian countries and intercity areas? I would rather have someone show responsibility and use controception of some kind Vs having an abortion. Too many kids in other countries are abandoned or sold as the family has no money at all to take care of them. It's easy for people to sit back and say no birth control at all, period, when they haven't at least been to some of these areas and know what the people in those areas face.

So contraception is bad but try not to have too many babies. Got it.

 

^ I have heard that some think that there is a "wink, wink" in there.

 

This is one of the few areas where I disagree with the official stance of the Church. It's easy for people in some areas, like ours, to say no contraception, but what about those in areas where population is an issue? Or where there are a lot of very poor people such as in many Asian countries and intercity areas? I would rather have someone show responsibility and use controception of some kind Vs having an abortion. Too many kids in other countries are abandoned or sold as the family has no money at all to take care of them. It's easy for people to sit back and say no birth control at all, period, when they haven't at least been to some of these areas and know what the people in those areas face.

 

The church is only against artificial contraception, natural is fine and with better understanding of the female body, the new methods are reliable, much better than the old rythm method. A few couples I know use it (ironically only one couple is Catholic) and so far only one has had an OPPS!.

 

I have heard of full quiver couples but have never met one to discuss it with them.

Are you talking to me? :lol2:

^ I have heard that some think that there is a "wink, wink" in there.

 

This is one of the few areas where I disagree with the official stance of the Church. It's easy for people in some areas, like ours, to say no contraception, but what about those in areas where population is an issue? Or where there are a lot of very poor people such as in many Asian countries and intercity areas? I would rather have someone show responsibility and use controception of some kind Vs having an abortion. Too many kids in other countries are abandoned or sold as the family has no money at all to take care of them. It's easy for people to sit back and say no birth control at all, period, when they haven't at least been to some of these areas and know what the people in those areas face.

 

As a fellow Catholic you know the method pull and pray.

BUT, He also says big families bring hope.

 

Hope for more situations such as what currently exists in Sao Paolo, with its 20 million people living in squalor?

Hope for more situations such as what currently exists in Sao Paolo, with its 20 million people living in squalor?

 

I think even if only 5 million people lived in Sao Paolo they would be living in squalor. I would say those living conditions are more due to lack of opportunity overall than too many people.

 

In many of the poorest areas on Earth, the population density is much less than metropolises like NYC, London, Tokyo, Paris, etc..

The church is only against artificial contraception, natural is fine and with better understanding of the female body, the new methods are reliable, much better than the old rythm method. A few couples I know use it (ironically only one couple is Catholic) and so far only one has had an OPPS!.

 

I have heard of full quiver couples but have never met one to discuss it with them.

 

Had to go through the NFP classes in preparation for my wedding recently and it's absolutely ridiculous how involved it is. Our major takeaway from it was that it was a) a lot more work, and b) proven to be less effective than the artificial means. :idunno:

Had to go through the NFP classes in preparation for my wedding recently and it's absolutely ridiculous how involved it is. Our major takeaway from it was that it was a) a lot more work, and b) proven to be less effective than the artificial means. :idunno:

Some things in life are worth the time and effort and are not "ridiculous".

Some things in life are worth the time and effort and are not "ridiculous".

 

I agree. We didn't find this to be one of them. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.