January 22, 201511 yr I have a sermon I did last year trying to explain the Trinity if anyone would like me to send them the link. I felt I was pretty succesful in talking for 25 minutes about a concept that no one understands. So I take it you go into a little more depth than using a Shamrock to explain the concept? LOL
January 23, 201511 yr Sure, sounds interesting, send it please. Here is the link. I hope you enjoy. I think it is no longer than 25 minutes but I forget. I usually do not preach longer than 25. The Trinity is a fun concept to discuss, people always know how to explain it until they actually try. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfgutxgcw0xov5p/trinity%20.wav?dl=0
January 23, 201511 yr The Creator. The Alpha and The Omega. The First Cause that set all of logical causality in motion.
January 23, 201511 yr Author And He still loves you. One of my favorite quotes about religion. It's so very true : “Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!” ― George Carlin
January 23, 201511 yr For someone who does nothing but mock and ridicule religion and those who are religious, you sure do spend a lot of time posting on the topic...:idunno:
January 23, 201511 yr One of my favorite quotes about religion. It's so very true : “Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!” ― George Carlin I'll take some time today to pray for you...really, seriously, I will...I promise. I don't know you...never met you...probably never will. But if God loves you (which he does), so do I. And that, my friend, is what makes Christianity and a relationship with God special.
January 23, 201511 yr One of my favorite quotes about religion. It's so very true : “Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!” ― George Carlin He loves you too. Don't get confused between the message and the messengers. Particularly false messengers. I do find it interesting that you pretend to ask a serious question and then find it necessary to belittle the beliefs of those who try to have a conversation about your question. Why do you feel the need to operate that way?
January 23, 201511 yr I'll take some time today to pray for you...really, seriously, I will...I promise. I don't know you...never met you...probably never will. But if God loves you (which he does), so do I. And that, my friend, is what makes Christianity and a relationship with God special. Yep, although I believe it applies to religions other than only Christianity.
January 23, 201511 yr Yep, although I believe it applies to religions other than only Christianity. I have to speak from where I am rooted. I know that people from other religions love, but by the grace of a loving God, I am called to love others when human nature says, in some cases, don't bother.
January 23, 201511 yr Author For someone who does nothing but mock and ridicule religion and those who are religious, you sure do spend a lot of time posting on the topic...:idunno: I love the discussing the subject. It has always been interesting to me what makes people believe the things they do. And I have no problem at all with folks believing in whatever they choose to believe in. Some of the sweetest people I know sincerely believe in fairies and angels and talking snakes and demonic pigs. I'm just saying that it doesn't work for me. I don't find religion logical at all. I have enjoyed reading all the responses to the question "what is God to you?" but I must say I am still confounded. Some say God is a man, others say God is Love. One said that God is the First Cause. What is false about what Carlin said?
January 23, 201511 yr I love the discussing the subject. It has always been interesting to me what makes people believe the things they do. And I have no problem at all with folks believing in whatever they choose to believe in. Some of the sweetest people I know sincerely believe in fairies and angels and talking snakes and demonic pigs. I'm just saying that it doesn't work for me. I don't find religion logical at all. I have enjoyed reading all the responses to the question "what is God to you?" but I must say I am still confounded. Some say God is a man, others say God is Love. One said that God is the First Cause. What is false about what Carlin said? So making fun of and belittling the beliefs of others is your idea of discussion? All you're doing is trying to mock others for their beliefs.
January 23, 201511 yr For someone who does nothing but mock and ridicule religion and those who are religious, you sure do spend a lot of time posting on the topic...:idunno: I love the discussing the subject. It has always been interesting to me what makes people believe the things they do. And I have no problem at all with folks believing in whatever they choose to believe in. Some of the sweetest people I know sincerely believe in fairies and angels and talking snakes and demonic pigs. I'm just saying that it doesn't work for me. I don't find religion logical at all. I have enjoyed reading all the responses to the question "what is God to you?" but I must say I am still confounded. Some say God is a man, others say God is Love. One said that God is the First Cause. What is false about what Carlin said? You didn't address or answer UKMF's question...or rather statement that itself raises questions. You seemed to ask a serious question, then when you get an answer you don't either like or agree with, you left a belittling post that quite honestly calls into question the credibility/standing of your original post. Did you ask the question because you seriously wanted to hear answers, or did you ask it to make fun of the posters answers? You're pushing pretty close towards the latter.
January 23, 201511 yr You didn't address or answer UKMF's question...or rather statement that itself raises questions. You seemed to ask a serious question, then when you get an answer you don't either like or agree with, you left a belittling post that quite honestly calls into question the credibility/standing of your original post. Did you ask the question because you seriously wanted to hear answers, or did you ask it to make fun of the posters answers? You're pushing pretty close towards the latter. I think this is what differentiates athiests like formerkywrestler and ScienceFriction. Formerkywrestler while not shy about being an atheist and also enjoys joking around with believers in regards to their faith but, he is respectful of believers, I don't think he looks down on believers and I believe his view is if faith makes people happy and their faiths don't infringe upon him, he is quite happy with those of us of faith that we have something that provide hope and comfort even he doesn't believe the object of that faith even exists. ScienceFriction posts are different. While he too is not at all shy about his atheism, his posts about faith and the faithful are often disrepectful, his posts look down on the faithful almost to the point that we are ignorant, mouth breathing, knuckle draggers who have not caught up to the reality of the enlightened like himself. Would you all say I summed that up pretty well? I have said it before, I can live with you not liking and/or not accepting my Catholic/Christian faith but I do ask that you respect it like I respect your atheism, agnosticism, evangelicalism, Buddism, Judiasm, Islam, etc...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.