Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is GOD to you?

Featured Replies

Cliff notes version.

 

In the OT, God tried to have man follow law...but by gosh man just couldn't do it and kept messing up...some of them messing up pretty badly.

 

So he decided, instead of following law, he would cover us by Grace and sent Jesus as our Savior in the NT. We still have things we have to do and a code to live by, but we are "covered" when we mess up and repent and ask for forgiveness. Because He knows we can't be perfect, and nothing we do ourselves could ever be good enough to get us to Heaven.

 

I for one am sure glad we have Grace and don't have to strictly follow all the OT law...we would ALL be in trouble if that's was the case.

  • Replies 86
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the better question is in the 4th verse of Psalm 8.

 

What is man that Lord would be mindful of him?

  • Author

There are likely billions of other civilizations in the universe. Do they have their Jesus too? Same Jesus or different? Who covered their sins with his blood? I'm assuming you believe that one God is master of all the universe. Do you think there is a different fairytale... er , I mean story, of salvation on other planets as well or is it basically the same as ours?

^Yet another example of why these threads are absolute jokes. Claim to be interested in actual discussion, but can't pass up the opportunity to belittle or mock those of faith.

Well at risk of falling behind at work I'll throw a few thoughts out there : Rockmom your answer was very good ! Getslow was also dead on and love the sense of humor used as well.

Science Fiction you sound like alot of non believers ( and even some seekers ) that I've been around thru my decades . A good friend who I love just cant wrap his mind around the same struggles you seem to have . PART of my response to you both is NEVER expect it ENTIRELY to make sense ... FAITH is required ! Just my best guess but God is never going to expose Him self to His creation to the depth that some people want . That wouldnt require any faith at all. and God does say " by Faith you will be saved" .

Another part of my response would be to encourage you to seriously research the matter . Check out former atheist writer Lee Strobel and if you are really interested in the faith give Crossroads down in Cincy a chance . Its perfect for people like you who are not sure about Christainity . What I've found thru my own personal walk is the deeper I dig the more God makes sense and how all the pieces fall together .

Would love to discuss the " wny does bad things happen to good people " question . Part of the explanation is the statement that my wife tells folks quite often " Its impossible to believe in God without believing in Satan " There is an ( very) active enemy out there . He influences me all time . Blessings to you SF .

Kinda ironic you accept other civilizations " out there " . Nuff for now gotta go .

  • Author
^Yet another example of why these threads are absolute jokes. Claim to be interested in actual discussion, but can't pass up the opportunity to belittle or mock those of faith.

 

 

You are way too sensitive, my friend. A little uncertainty about your faith maybe?

  • Author
Kinda ironic you accept other civilizations " out there " . Nuff for now gotta go .

 

 

Not really , mathematics says it . Math & science >>>>>> "faith"

I love math and science , there is plenty of room for both in Christianity . One should not rule out the other .

Not really , mathematics says it . Math & science >>>>>> "faith"

 

No where in math and science and all of their extrapolations is there proof of another civilization. So, with all due respect, that shoots your stance on needing proof before you believe.

You are way too sensitive, my friend. A little uncertainty about your faith maybe?

 

Not at all to either. I just find it comical that someone claims to want to have an actual discussion about faith and religion, yet has zero respect for the beliefs of others.

 

I'm perfectly content with my faith, as I'm sure you are in the lack of yours. The difference is I respect that people don't believe, and would never mock or belittle their beliefs (or lack thereof). You just show a constant disrespect for the faith of others.

Good luck with Mere Christianity , soared over my head . And I really wanted to enrich myself but the language he uses was too much for me .

Good luck with Mere Christianity , soared over my head . And I really wanted to enrich myself but the language he uses was too much for me .

 

It is a classic argument for the co-existence of science with Christianity.

  • Author
Not at all to either. I just find it comical that someone claims to want to have an actual discussion about faith and religion, yet has zero respect for the beliefs of others.

 

I'm perfectly content with my faith, as I'm sure you are in the lack of yours. The difference is I respect that people don't believe, and would never mock or belittle their beliefs (or lack thereof). You just show a constant disrespect for the faith of others.

 

WHat is fairytale to me is obviously ultimate Truth for you. I am only saying it is fairytale TO ME. There is nothing wrong with you believing anything you want. I find it silly, dangerous, and uneducated that some people handle snakes as part of their religious fervor. For those folks, it is an important testament to their faith , I guess. From my view and for me, it is damn ignorant. I have every right to say so. Many folks who practice that ritual are very sincere in their beliefs that they should "take up serpents. " It's just not for me. Same thing in believing in angels and people in the sky and talking snakes. It just doesn't seem sound logic to me. I am just speaking from my vantage point. I'm glad it works for you. I really am. To each his own.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.