Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

YOUR top 5

Featured Replies

Pangos is their best. They look like a streaky team to me. It's hard to tell how good they are since their schedule is garbage. From what I can tell they have a pretty good shooting team, but little post play and below average defense.

 

Karnowski ang Sabonis are both big bodies . Both are averaging 10/6.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch out for Maryland.

  • Author

 

Karnowski ang Sabonis are both big bodies . Both are averaging 10/6.

 

But they haven't played anyone. Karnowski is foul prone. Sabonis has came on as of lately, but he's not a force by any means. Like I said before its hard to judge them becaise they don't play anyone, when they have, they lost.

But they haven't played anyone. Karnowski is foul prone. Sabonis has came on as of lately, but he's not a force by any means. Like I said before its hard to judge them becaise they don't play anyone, when they have, they lost.

 

You mean their one loss AT Arizona where they fell by 3 in OT? I feel much more confident that they will make a deeper run than Wisky...

  • Author

 

You mean their one loss AT Arizona where they fell by 3 in OT? I feel much more confident that they will make a deeper run than Wisky...

 

 

Yes, but thats the only good team they have played. I watched them play a terrible UCLA team that neither team appeared to want to win. The zags have a couple of good shooters, ill give them that. But they don't play defense and lack the heart that previous Mark Few teams had.

 

Granted Whisky isn't much different, ill give you that. They dont play defense either, play with little heart. But they are a matchup problem for a lot of teams.

  • Author
You are saying a Bo Ryan coached team does not play defense and has no heart? Wow!

 

I beg to differ, and the NCAA scoring defensive statistics over the last ten years are with me.

 

The Badgers are in the top 10 in this stat again this year:

 

Scoring Defense | DI Men's Basketball Statistics - NCAA.com

 

 

I am speaking on this year's team. They appear soft to me, which I agree, is uncharacteristic of your typical Bo Ryan teams.

....

 

Strongopenyon, a bigger fan of Bo Ryan on this site you won't find. Search threads last year to verify. That said, teams over the last decade have nothing to do with this team.

 

Scoring defense is part of the story, but it is aided by the fact their games have fewer possessions than most games. Their games are 337th in number of possessions. That helps your scoring defense stat.

 

In the past Bo teams had great on the ball defenders in the backcourt, this one doesn't. Hence, they don't turn anyone over. That is problematic for them because they have to defend longer possessions, and they don't have much depth. In fact, they are 250th in bench minutes played.

 

In their favor they are big, veteran laded, and amazing on the offensive end.

 

All of that said, I think they are ripe for an early exit.

....

 

Strongopenyon, a bigger fan of Bo Ryan on this site you won't find. Search threads last year to verify. That said, teams over the last decade have nothing to do with this team.

 

Scoring defense is part of the story, but it is aided by the fact their games have fewer possessions than most games. Their games are 337th in number of possessions. That helps your scoring defense stat.

 

In the past Bo teams had great on the ball defenders in the backcourt, this one doesn't. Hence, they don't turn anyone over. That is problematic for them because they have to defend longer possessions, and they don't have much depth. In fact, they are 250th in bench minutes played.

 

In their favor they are big, veteran laded, and amazing on the offensive end.

 

All of that said, I think they are ripe for an early exit.

 

I can't intelligently disagree with you, since I have not watched much Wisconsin basketball so far this year.

 

I do know I did watch a lot of Wisconsin basketball last season and they were outstanding on defense. My understanding is they only lost one player from last year's team.....senior guard Ben Brust.

 

What has changed defensively for Wisconsin this season?

Kentucky

Gonzaga

Arizona

Wisconsin

Duke

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.