January 19, 201511 yr You do get a chance. Green Bay's KO team pinned the Seahawks deep and then Seattle sliced up their defense for a 90 drive. Don't see how you can feel bad for Green Bay. They had plenty of chances to get a stop and get the ball back. In fact, KO and pinning a team that deep is perhaps preferable in the NFL overtime, due to how hard it is for even great NFL offenses to march 90 yards. Play some defense. Green Bay choked. With a healthy Rodgers they probably win on their last drive in regulation. I agree that Green Bay choked. However, how is it fair to say to one team that if you win the luck of the flip, that you can win the game, no questions asked. Yet the team that loses the toss can lose the game that easily. Obviously if two teams go in to overtime that are playing an even game, yet the NFL has decided to take that aspect away by awarding the lucky team that wins the COO.g toss a chance to win indisputably by scoring a touchdown. It's just an odd rule that gives the team that wins the toss a major advantage. I understand that the other team has the opportunity to stop them, but teams playing at this level are evenly matched enough to score at any given point in time. It's not right to punish an equal team because the coing didnt fall in their favor.
January 19, 201511 yr Yet .. he cant beat Tony Romo.. Considering the Seahawks are 1-1 against Dallas with Wilson at QB, I wouldn't say he "can't"...
January 19, 201511 yr I agree that Green Bay choked. However, how is it fair to say to one team that if you win the luck of the flip, that you can win the game, no questions asked. Yet the team that loses the toss can lose the game that easily. Obviously if two teams go in to overtime that are playing an even game, yet the NFL has decided to take that aspect away by awarding the lucky team that wins the COO.g toss a chance to win indisputably by scoring a touchdown. It's just an odd rule that gives the team that wins the toss a major advantage. I understand that the other team has the opportunity to stop them, but teams playing at this level are evenly matched enough to score at any given point in time. It's not right to punish an equal team because the coing didnt fall in their favor. It definitely sucks that the Packers fate wasn't put into Aaron's hands.
January 19, 201511 yr I'm loving the Seahawks hate. I didn't realize it existed' date=' I always thought my guys were just oft forgotten. :lol2:[/quote'] No one likes Pete Carroll.
January 19, 201511 yr I can't stand the overtime rules in the NFL. Basically if you don't win the toss, you lose. Each team should be given an equal chance to win the game. Why, because they didnt have 60 minutes of game time before that to win the game?
January 19, 201511 yr It definitely sucks that the Packers fate wasn't put into Aaron's hands. Had he played on defense.....................oh nevermind.
January 19, 201511 yr It definitely sucks that the Packers fate wasn't put into Aaron's hands. I agree, I mentioned in the game thread that Green Bay letting teams back in the game in the second half was worrisome and nerve racking.. Had they lost in regulation I would be ok with it, but they didn't. In fact Rodgers moved the ball down the field and gave them an opportunity for overtime. However the NFL has elected to not make overtime games fair. Instead, they award the team that wins a coing toss. It's just absurd and I can't think of any other major sport that does things this way.
January 19, 201511 yr I'm loving the Seahawks hate. I didn't realize it existed, I always thought my guys were just oft forgotten. :lol2: Be glad, it comes with success.
January 19, 201511 yr I agree, I mentioned in the game thread that Green Bay letting teams back in the game in the second half was worrisome and nerve racking.. Had they lost in regulation I would be ok with it, but they didn't. In fact Rodgers loved the ball down the field and gave them an opportunity for overtime. However the NFL has elected to not make overtime games fair. Instead, they award the team that wins a doing toss. It's just absurd and I can't think of any other major sport that does things this way. Keep them out of the endzone and the Pack would have had a chance.
January 19, 201511 yr Why, because they didnt have 60 minutes of game time before that to win the game? So did Seattle.... But since they won the coing toss, they have the best opportunity to win the game. How is that fair?
January 19, 201511 yr Keep them out of the endzone and the Pack would have had a chance. Yet had Green Bay done that and scored on their possession, Seattle would be given ANOTHER chance. Sounds fair to me.. Give one team a chance to win the game outright, but not the other.
January 19, 201511 yr Yet had Green Bay done that and scored on their possession, Seattle would be given ANOTHER chance. Sounds fair to me.. Give one team a chance to win the game outright, but not the other. Huh? If Green Bay stopped them and then scored Seattle would have not been given another chance. So not sure what you mean... I do think both teams deserve to have a chance to get the ball.
January 19, 201511 yr So did Seattle.... But since they won the coing toss, they have the best opportunity to win the game. How is that fair? Wasnt Green Bay up by like 19 or so at one point? What happened to that lead? Why didnt Green Bay keep it during the first 60 minutes? Should this game have really even went to overtime? Didnt the other team have plenty of chances to win the game?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.