Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Parents Investigated For This?

Featured Replies

I walked home almost everyday during elementary school. Either with my sister who was 2 grades ahead of me or by myself after she moved to middle school. It was a little over a mile. Heck we had a separate dismissal for people walking home before the rest of the kids got on the bus. What's the big deal??

Umm, these type guys:

 

10712990_848703721820618_3015373182714854516_n.jpg?oh=0581f3c9e9082bed05661599b545c3c5&oe=556F7E36&__gda__=1428363399_3da087699bceb2084ff96abbd233b165

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the article.......Danielle (the mom) is a climate-science consultant........this explains a lot. :lol2:

A child welfare agent is a thankless job. I couldn't do it.

 

Me either, no win situation. I am ok with the parent's actions but obviously if something were to happen and the welfare office had ignored it can you imagine what would rain down on their heads?

Me either, no win situation. I am ok with the parent's actions but obviously if something were to happen and the welfare office had ignored it can you imagine what would rain down on their heads?

 

Exactly.

I walked a couple miles to school everyday when I was in first grade. I guess today my parents would be locked up for that.

From the article.......Danielle (the mom) is a climate-science consultant........this explains a lot. :lol2:

treehugger-going-green.jpg

Umm, these type guys:

 

10712990_848703721820618_3015373182714854516_n.jpg?oh=0581f3c9e9082bed05661599b545c3c5&oe=556F7E36&__gda__=1428363399_3da087699bceb2084ff96abbd233b165

 

Awe...that's just Elmer the school crossing guard. He wouldn't hurt anybody. Your kids can certainly be trusted under his watchful eye.

I agree with spindoc and others, I did not let my kids free-range, and I am quite convinced it was a key factor in helping them to reach those things they dreamed of doing. I saw too many children, and children of close friends and children that were close friends of our children free-range which opens it up to fate, luck, whatever. My major concern was not predators as my kids moved in adolescence but the influences of peer pressure.

Awe...that's just Elmer the school crossing guard. He wouldn't hurt anybody. Your kids can certainly be trusted under his watchful eye.

 

He's actually a convicted sex offender. His tshirt likely stands for All Day I Dream About Sixyearolds

He's actually a convicted sex offender. His tshirt likely stands for All Day I Dream About Sixyearolds

 

Gross.

He's actually a convicted sex offender. His tshirt likely stands for All Day I Dream About Sixyearolds

 

:stop:

I didn't read all the comments in this thread but you would have had to lock up half the parents in Fort Mitchell when I was young.

 

And sometimes these social service agencies are dumber than two bags of hammers. And they are jerks.

I'd like to say that "we did it when I was a kid all the time" and that be that. And while that is true, times are different. People are medicated, and unmedicated, and perverse, and opportunistic. I wouldn't let kids that age these days do it because of those reasons. If I did, I'd be lurking in the weeds watching their every step armed like normal.

My daughter will be 10 in May and my son will be 6 in March. No chance i let them do this.

I didn't read all the comments in this thread but you would have had to lock up half the parents in Fort Mitchell when I was young.

 

And sometimes these social service agencies are dumber than two bags of hammers. And they are jerks.

Exactly As I said I walked to Beechwood everyday when I was in 1st grade and I lived a couple miles away and had to walk down Dixie Hwy the entire way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.