Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Parents Investigated For This?

Featured Replies

He's actually a convicted sex offender. His tshirt likely stands for All Day I Dream About Sixyearolds

 

I'll give you a like....love off color humor.:lol2:

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I watched the clip. Here is my take. Mom was out of town. Kids were under dad's watch. Kids wanted to hang out and play at the park.

 

IMO--dad is lazy. Instead of hanging out with the kids at the park or even sitting and watching on the bench with his iPhone/ipad/laptop---"being present", he chose to leave them. What was so important in his life that he had to get to? Tell your kids not today--and make plans for later, when you can be with them.

 

If it was just the 10 yr old boy, I might be ok. But then to put the responsibility of the 6 yr old on him is over the line.

 

My sister and I rode bikes miles away from home. But that was starting at age 10 and 12, and many many years ago.

 

We are talking about a 6-yr -old girl. These parents are lazy and stupid. Dad made a bad choice that day, and parents are trying to smooth it over with their "free range" baloney. But I don't judge. :lol2:

Exactly As I said I walked to Beechwood everyday when I was in 1st grade and I lived a couple miles away and had to walk down Dixie Hwy the entire way.

 

Were you one of those people who had to cross I75? When I got older I always worried about them crossing those ramps.

Were you one of those people who had to cross I75? When I got older I always worried about them crossing those ramps.

No, I was coming from the other direction. I lived on Highland Ave. where the Firehouse was.

Were you one of those people who had to cross I75? When I got older I always worried about them crossing those ramps.

 

That is where not being alone really helps out, the kids can watch out for each other. But the ramps are better now and people usually have to use the brake or ease up on the gas now, 20 years ago that wasn't the case with the design.

Problem is that now the publicity has alerted every pervert in the country to the location of two young children who will be traveling alone.

Problem is that now the publicity has alerted every pervert in the country to the location of two young children who will be traveling alone.

And that should not be an issue at all. Because if it is indeed safe for kids to travel alone like these parents say, then it should not matter that people know where they are. :sarcastic:

If the kids are taught well enough, and the kids have common sense, there really wouldn't be an issue with someone doing something. We don't know how these kids are so we can't say.

 

But I will say this, when I was about 11 or 12, walking from baseball practice (I lived just one street away, a 5 minute walk) a guy in a car stopped to ask me some, well not normal questions, I knew what to do, which one was not to approach the car, and after I said what I said, he peeled of there like a bat out of hell.

Don't forget that little 6 yr old!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.