Ohio State 42 Oregon 20

16thBBall Fan

McShay says Cardale is a 4th/5th round pick.

That sounds about right. I wouldn't mind the Bengals taking a shot at him in the late rounds

The one knock on any of the OSU QB's is Urban Meyer has not had the most succesful QB's in the NFL. Those who were great college QB's have not faired so well most of the time in the NFL. Proof that a lot of time it is more of the system than the player.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That sounds about right. I wouldn't mind the Bengals taking a shot at him in the late rounds

The one knock on any of the OSU QB's is Urban Meyer has not had the most succesful QB's in the NFL. Those who were great college QB's have not faired so well most of the time in the NFL. Proof that a lot of time it is more of the system than the player.

Alex Smith is still a starter. Of the guys he recruited, Cam won a playoff game, Brantley was a bust, and Tebow was never going to be a good enough passer to win in the NFL consistently.

He's coached for a while, but you're right the jury is still out on his QBs in the NFL.

I think Meyer has a template for how to play Jones and Barrett. There's simply no place for Miller on the roster. He doesn't give you enough in the passing game to compete with Jones or Barrett.

Miller should go to Oregon IMO.

There is only one of those three QB's that led Ohio St. to an undefeated season, and it ain't Jones or Barrett. I, personally, don't want to short change Miller as I think he would have had this team in the same spot had he remained healthy.

I get your point, though Cats. It would seem that Miller is the odd man out and he also has the best options as he could go pro and get drafted (especially if he is open to a position change) or transfer.

Cardale has played in THREE college games... No way he's ready for the NFL.

I actually think Terrelle Pryor was a bigger risk than Jones will be. Jones looks the part and will have all the measurables. He just needs the experience and, with a 4th round pick, you can stash him and give him the experience in practice or game planning and film study. Matt Cassell had successful seasons in the NFL, why not Jones?

So tired of people associating "class" in sports. Even more so in football. Class in football doesn't mix IMO. "Class" in sports is so overrated.

Im not sure if class is overated so much as misinterpreted.:popcorn:

There is only one of those three QB's that led Ohio St. to an undefeated season, and it ain't Jones or Barrett. I, personally, don't want to short change Miller as I think he would have had this team in the same spot had he remained healthy.

I get your point, though Cats. It would seem that Miller is the odd man out and he also has the best options as he could go pro and get drafted (especially if he is open to a position change) or transfer.

Right on all accounts. It's a great problem to have and a terrible problem to have. Either way you're likely running off or benching a:

-two time player of the year in the conference

-a heisman trophy candidate

Or a national champion.

Best situation for Meyer might be for one of Miller or Jones to leave and then have who stays start next year and convince Barrett to stay and play the next.

Barrett and whoever stays could have a very Leak and Tebow like combo next year.

Right on all accounts. It's a great problem to have and a terrible problem to have. Either way you're likely running off or benching a:

-two time player of the year in the conference

-a heisman trophy candidate

Or a national champion.

Best situation for Meyer might be for one of Miller or Jones to leave and then have who stays start next year and convince Barrett to stay and play the next.

Barrett and whoever stays could have a very Leak and Tebow like combo next year.

I agree. The best case scenario is, IMO, Jones to the league then Miller for one year with Barrett as the backup. Barrett gets the gig full time in 2016.