Ohio State 42 Oregon 20

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hard to feel sorry for the guys, but what a tough situation. Cardale will head to the NFL and someone will take a 4th to 5th round shot on him. Maybe higher. Braxton? He does not project well as a QB at the next level.

I don't think Braxton plays QB in the NFL. Just like if he returned to OSU I don't think he plays QB. He will probably be tried as a receiver somewhere or RB.

They have a stable of QB's. People forget they have 2 Freshmen QB's no one thought about. 1 is a NKY local product who moved to Georgia when he got in High School and played there. He was a 4 star product when recruited and was in the Elite 11 with Drew Barker last year. Stephen Collier who got a lot of camera time last night lol, he would always be next to Jones when the OSU Defense was on the field.

OSU isn't hurting at QB's, that is for sure.

I think Jones if at all possible with any interest, will go NFL because of having a kid etc. I think JT returns and I think Braxton if he comes back will play a different position.

Chris Carter has said that if Braxton returns to OSU, then he will be the starter at QB. IMO, along with Cardale going to the NFL, this is the best scenario because JT may wait for the year and then come back as the starter in 2016.

I find it really difficult to believe that Braxton would change positions considering he is the only one who can transfer and play right away. JMO.

My mini rant...

I read that Zeke ran for over 170 before he was contacted yesterday. Did he break any long runs yesterday (20+ yards)?

Why the heck isn't the O-line given the Offensive MVP yesterday? They dominated that game with their power counter play and all of the inside running. I think the O-line deserves more love than they are getting. When Tebow says 15 in red was the best player on the field yesterday, he is wrong! Big uglies looked real good in that title game, IMO.

My mini rant...

I read that Zeke ran for over 170 before he was contacted yesterday. Did he break any long runs yesterday (20+ yards)?

Why the heck isn't the O-line given the Offensive MVP yesterday? They dominated that game with their power counter play and all of the inside running. I think the O-line deserves more love than they are getting. When Tebow says 15 in red was the best player on the field yesterday, he is wrong! Big uglies looked real good in that title game, IMO.

This is what I have said all along. I think I heard he went "untouched" on 11 carrier of at least 5 yards. That is unheard of. That normally happens 2-3 times a game.

Chris Carter has said that if Braxton returns to OSU, then he will be the starter at QB. IMO, along with Cardale going to the NFL, this is the best scenario because JT may wait for the year and then come back as the starter in 2016.

I find it really difficult to believe that Braxton would change positions considering he is the only one who can transfer and play right away. JMO.

I just don't see him playing QB in the NFL. He is more of an athlete than a passing QB imo.

I just don't see him playing QB in the NFL. He is more of an athlete than a passing QB imo.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing about his pro prospects, but in college if he wants to play QB next year he is the only one of the three that can basically guarentee that he will get a starting job handed to him at either OSU or another major university next season.

Not to throw cold water on the win, but what does OSU do at QB for next year? Braxton is likely gone. You can't keep JT and Cardale, can you? One of those guys will transfer, no?

I think Meyer has a template for how to play Jones and Barrett. There's simply no place for Miller on the roster. He doesn't give you enough in the passing game to compete with Jones or Barrett.

Miller should go to Oregon IMO.

Ohio State haters are gonna have a ton of work next few years. This team is so young and the talent is flowing into Columbus, Urban can reach em and motivate em. OSU is gonna be in the championship discussion for a while. That game could have been 56-14 with a shake of a dogs tail here or there.

Game on, Jim Harbaugh.

Oregon still had two timeouts left, so ohio state was forced to run plays. I really doubt they would have done anything but take a knee if that hadn't been the case.

Exactly. In a two score game you have to go ahead and score with the time and time out situation.

This wasn't an extra TD up by 3 or 4 scores. If Oregon gets the ball back with two minutes down fifteen they still have a chance.

If that happens and Oregon does the unlikely by taking the game to overtime and wins, everyone calls Urban an idiot. He made the right call by ending the game when he did. JMO, but I would have done the same thing. Or expected the same thing if I were on the opposite sideline.