Ohio State 42 Oregon 20

16thBBall Fan

Crazy he might turn 3 games into like $450,000 a year as a backup, still a very risky plan id come back.

Average 3rd round draft picks come in about $ 650,000 per year, with the latter rounds dropping off quickly. First or second rounds come in over a million plus.

Number 12 for Ohio State should go pro. He would be great for the Bronco's. Obviously he doesn't have the experience of Manning, but he has the other aspects covered.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to the OSU players and coaches, :humb: but hate the fact that the WORST sports fans on the face of the earth get to enjoy this, and yes OSU fans are worse then either Duke, or UK fans, Congrats OSU fans on being the worst fans in sports! :puke:

:no: ...you guys on here just can't let it go. A congrats with an attached shot, priceless :lol2:

So, just for the Haters ....OHIO ST8 FOOTBALL

National Champions ....1942, 1954, 1957, 1968, 1970, 2002, 2012 !!

Edited by oldrambler

I almost forgot, and I'll say it again, Urban Meyer is the best college coach in the nation today.

I think that he is right there with Nick Saban. Saban and Meyer both have Championships with two different teams, Saban has more total. I don't necessarily go on just national titles alone but I do agree that for this 2014 season, this was The single best coaching job.....maybe ever.

At any count, there is no doubt that Meyer and Saban are far above whoever may be third. :thumb:

I wanted to put, at least for my opinion, one thing about Jones to rest ..... NO Way is that kid NFL ready, arm-yes. Experience to be NFL ready....No. This was only his 3rd college football game for goodness sake.

Very true, but the problem is, when will he ever get another shot and a shot to prove himself in big games?

If he comes back he sits possibly 2 more years and as I stated earlier he may sit even longer behind other recruits Urban brings in. At OSU there is no garuntee as a QB that you will ever get to see the field.

This may be his best opportuntiy. that said, he wouldn't go until middle to late rounds and probably to a team that has a QB already who won't be benched so it would be a situation where he can sit and learn the system for a couple years etc.

I think it's a win win for him. Plus he has a family he needs to look out for also.

Very true, but the problem is, when will he ever get another shot and a shot to prove himself in big games?

If he comes back he sits possibly 2 more years and as I stated earlier he may sit even longer behind other recruits Urban brings in. At OSU there is no garuntee as a QB that you will ever get to see the field.

This may be his best opportuntiy. that said, he wouldn't go until middle to late rounds and probably to a team that has a QB already who won't be benched so it would be a situation where he can sit and learn the system for a couple years etc.

I think it's a win win for him. Plus he has a family he needs to look out for also.

I was going on his readiness but you do make some good points.

Congats to OSU fans! I had a feeling after they beat Alabama that OSU was a team peaking at the right time, and there is no doubt they have a coach who can coach a big game. I met Urban Meyer a few years ago in Lexington, and we had a wide-ranging discussion about football philosphies (ok actually he just said hello), but it is clear that he knows how to seal the deal. I was visiting the sandman well before the end of the game, but I don't agree with a final minute score when a team is already up by more than two scores.

Ole Miss scored on a passing play in the final minute at home against U. Memphis this year leading already by two scores. I hope the Memphis players remember that next year.

How many college graduates have a starting salary of $650,000 per year? No brainer in my opinion. For only three starts, the young man was poised and talented. Again, congrats to OSU, not a big fan, but I was impressed with their performance.

I honestly think he tells them all it's an open competition and best man wins. It will come down to how they take that.

Which is why he should leave now. If he loses that battle in the Spring and Summer, again, to Barrett, then he will have lost at least $400K a year for the next 3 years.