Any games cancelled tonight (1/8) because of weather?

It's cold. How does cold stop basketball?

I believe its a lot of Counties policies that if school is closed for the day, then sports activities are cancelled for that day as well.

Really cold can cause schools to be closed because there are lots of little kiddos that have to ride the bus to school and standing outside waiting on said bus, in said cold is not safe.

:lol2: Please. We already beat them once on their court. I understand why they wouldn't want to come to our house to get beat again since it was so cold outside. We were ready to play. Cold weather doesn't bother us. Our heat works.

I haven't seen the freshman play this year, but I would guess in all likely hood they are struggling like the varsity and jv seem to be. 2 freshman started the other night on varsity against Collins. If those two kids aren't playing freshman ball because they are playing jv/varsity I'd say it's hurting the freshman team quite a bit.

:lol2: Please. We already beat them once on their court. I understand why they wouldn't want to come to our house to get beat again since it was so cold outside. We were ready to play. Cold weather doesn't bother us. Our heat works.

From youth soccer experiences...that seems to be a common problem year round in that area.

I haven't seen the freshman play this year, but I would guess in all likely hood they are struggling like the varsity and jv seem to be. 2 freshman started the other night on varsity against Collins. If those two kids aren't playing freshman ball because they are playing jv/varsity I'd say it's hurting the freshman team quite a bit.

Cobi Penny is CJ little brother I believe and he is varsity ready. Not sure who the other one is but I know last year both were pulled off of the 8th grade team and they played Freshmen and JV ball so both of them playing varsity doesn't surprise me. The freshman team we beat a few weeks ago is the same team we beat last year as 8th graders. I don't know if they are struggling or not. I just know that we beat them as we expected to.

Cobi Penny is CJ little brother I believe and he is varsity ready. Not sure who the other one is but I know last year both were pulled off of the 8th grade team and they played Freshmen and JV ball so both of them playing varsity doesn't surprise me. The freshman team we beat a few weeks ago is the same team we beat last year as 8th graders. I don't know if they are struggling or not. I just know that we beat them as we expected to.

Yep, Cobi...Gunner Gillis is the other freshman playing varsity. Both getting minutes.

I believe its a lot of Counties policies that if school is closed for the day, then sports activities are cancelled for that day as well.

Really cold can cause schools to be closed because there are lots of little kiddos that have to ride the bus to school and standing outside waiting on said bus, in said cold is not safe.

Nothing like making kids even more softer than they already are. :no:

I remember going to grade school during the 77-78 "ice age", guess that's why I'm a tough guy now. ;)

I understand about the entire too cold no school policy, but why cancel games/practices? that doesnt sit to well with me as a head coach especially if I have a big game the following day. I

All levels of play practiced or will practice today at Boyle County. First district game tomorrow two freshman games on Saturday.

#thegrinddontstop #nodaysoff #wegotheat