AJ McCarron

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In September, Colin Cowherd, noted Bengal-basher, says they have the best roster in the NFL, and in January, NeerFan says they are a roster of back-ups.

Funny game....

I think NeerFan was referring to the QB Depth Chart. I don't think we'll ever get a chance to see what McCarron has for the Orange and Black as long as Dalton is there. They have too much money invested in him to keep him and sit him.

Dalton does not have a strong arm but I do not think the OC realizes that and doesn't do a good job of creating conflict on the defense. Watch closely how the Broncos, Patriots, Seahawks, Eagles, and Chargers run "rub" routes like crazy all over the field, they also isolate a defender with two wr's and make him chose one to guard leaving the other open.

A great example of the Bengals also being slow to recognize what defenses are doing and then adjusting was the Pittsburg game. The commentators showed how he Steelers were playing "robber" coverage to AJ Green's side, meaning the safety was coming down to take the flats and the corner was bailing to take deep third, so it looks like they are playing two high safety but really it is one. If my sophomore in high school has trouble recognizing this pre-snap I am not teaching him very well, now I know that the pro's are better at disguising than high schoolers but pro's should be better at determining coverage pre snap, especially when the defense was doing it over and over. My qb should also know what route combinations are effective vs this defense. The most obvious one for us, is the wr does a 10-12 yard "dig"(in) or a skinny post, the slot(or TE) does a 3-5 out and rb flaring out. The backside slot(or TE) crosses the field at about 5-7 yards deep. The the qb reads the safety if he comes up field hit the skinny post behind him, if he sits find the corner- if he sat to take the flats find crossing wr or dump it off to the rb.

ALL you Who-Deyers are delusional if you think Marvin, and Andy are going anywhere, even after next season, regardless of how the season goes. There aren't any big time QB's coming out this season, or next, Mike Brown loves Marvin, and is happy with the statuesque. I repeat noting is going to change with this organization, until the fans stand-up and say no more. Stop buying season tickets, and PSL's, you might start getting Mikey's boy's attention. Until this happens, Mike Brown is content with just being relevant into Dec. It's strictly a business to him, and making money, which you clowns keep buying, year after year. Nothing is going to change, I repeat nothing. :idunno:

Why so? I want whoever can get us to the playoffs and win. AJ has the added bonus of face time for his wife if he's playing. :D

Because he doesn't have a single skill in his skill-set that Dalton doesn't have. The biggest knock on Dalton is his (lack there of) arm strength. McCarron has very similar arm strength.

Because he doesn't have a single skill in his skill-set that Dalton doesn't have. The biggest knock on Dalton is his (lack there of) arm strength. McCarron has very similar arm strength.

They said the same thing , almost word for word about Brady when he was coming out too. How's that work out for ya? OK, I think. :thumb:

What has AJ McCarron ever done on this Bengals team, to make you think he couldn't be better then Dalton, he wouldn't have to do to much, to prove himself. Dalton has already proven after 4 years, he's not a Big Game QB. :popcorn:
He beat Peyton Manning in prime time to secure a playoff berth. Is that not a big game?

ALL you Who-Deyers are delusional if you think Marvin, and Andy are going anywhere, even after next season, regardless of how the season goes. There aren't any big time QB's coming out this season, or next, Mike Brown loves Marvin, and is happy with the statuesque. I repeat noting is going to change with this organization, until the fans stand-up and say no more. Stop buying season tickets, and PSL's, you might start getting Mikey's boy's attention. Until this happens, Mike Brown is content with just being relevant into Dec. It's strictly a business to him, and making money, which you clowns keep buying, year after year. Nothing is going to change, I repeat nothing. :idunno:

Two Heisman Trophy winners and potentially two national championship winning QB's in Winston and Mariota aren't "big time Qb's?" Not saying anything will change, just disagree with that part of your post.