San Jose Police Officer Placed On Leave After Tweeting About "Right to Kill"

AverageJoesGym

San Jose police officer Phillip White has been placed on administrative leave and is the subject of an internal investigation. White made tweets mocking the civil rights protestors in San Jose saying: "By the way if anyone feels they can't breathe or their lives matter, I'll be at the movies tonight, off duty, carrying my gun." He also vowed to use his “God given and law appointed right and duty to kill” if he or his family were threatened. Classy guy.

Protestors delivered a petition with 15,000 signatures calling for White's dismissal to the police building.

White is being investigated by the internal affairs unit that he used to work in.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/san-jose-protesters-call-for-firing-of-cop-who-twe#.skJq99EQVM

Really a shame, especially from the San Jose Police Department. I only single them out because our Field Training Program used to train new officers was the San Jose Model and it kicks tail and takes names. The gold standard of field training.

Really a shame, especially from the San Jose Police Department. I only single them out because our Field Training Program used to train new officers was the San Jose Model and it kicks tail and takes names. The gold standard of field training.

I don't know that it reflects that badly on the department. It sounds like they immediately suspended him and ordered an IA investigation. The department couldn't help what he said.

I don't know that it reflects that badly on the department. It sounds like they immediately suspended him and ordered an IA investigation. The department couldn't help what he said.

I should have stated that a little different. I hate to see it come from a department I personally hold in such high esteem considering their training record. I am happy that they are moving swiftly to resolve it.

Well, at least he isn't Aaron McNamara (former auxiliary officer for the Fairview Park, Ohio PD), so there's someone around to take the heat off him some. That kid took the definition of idiocy to another level with some comments he left, then trying to deny it was him.

Very Strong, NSFW Language: Meet the Pro-Slavery Fairview Park Auxiliary Cop | Scene and Heard: Scene's News Blog | Cleveland Scene

Another gem. Officer assigned to hospital patrol beats a man who was sleeping in an emergency waiting room and needed a cane for assistance walking, arrests the man for assault, but forgets the whole incident is recorded on the hospital's security footage and ends up facing 3 felony charges himself.

S.F. sheriff?s deputy arrested in assault on hospital patient - SFGate

San Jose police officer Phillip White has been placed on administrative leave and is the subject of an internal investigation. White made tweets mocking the civil rights protestors in San Jose saying: "By the way if anyone feels they can't breathe or their lives matter, I'll be at the movies tonight, off duty, carrying my gun." He also vowed to use his “God given and law appointed right and duty to kill” if he or his family were threatened. Classy guy.

Protestors delivered a petition with 15,000 signatures calling for White's dismissal to the police building.

White is being investigated by the internal affairs unit that he used to work in.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/san-jose-protesters-call-for-firing-of-cop-who-twe#.skJq99EQVM

Sorry, but I understand what he meant. The police have been targets of every mental midget with a voice in this country for months. I don't think he should have been suspended, he is simply sick and tired of the abuse they have taken for months in this country.

I side with the officer on this one.

I

m sure I am in the minority on this, but people seem to forget that officers who risk their lives every single day to protect yours and mine have been abused by every big mouth around and are supposed to sit there and take it while officers are being murdered and the country basically ignores it because it isn't what the media wants or their agenda is about. Police are humans also and have a right to feel like they have taken enough.

Sorry, but I understand what he meant. The police have been targets of every mental midget with a voice in this country for months. I don't think he should have been suspended, he is simply sick and tired of the abuse they have taken for months in this country.

I side with the officer on this one.

I

m sure I am in the minority on this, but people seem to forget that officers who risk their lives every single day to protect yours and mine have been abused by every big mouth around and are supposed to sit there and take it while officers are being murdered and the country basically ignores it because it isn't what the media wants or their agenda is about. Police are humans also and have a right to feel like they have taken enough.

You side with him telling people that he's going to the movies with his gun and basically challenging them to a fight? Completely indefensible.

Another gem. Officer assigned to hospital patrol beats a man who was sleeping in an emergency waiting room and needed a cane for assistance walking, arrests the man for assault, but forgets the whole incident is recorded on the hospital's security footage and ends up facing 3 felony charges himself.

S.F. sheriff?s deputy arrested in assault on hospital patient - SFGate

At least that officer was caught on tape and is facing charges for his crimes. That's good to see.

You side with him telling people that he's going to the movies with his gun and basically challenging them to a fight? Completely indefensible.

I side with him saying he is tired of having to be a doormat to the hatred because he is a policeman and if one of the racist scumbags wants to make a issue with a cop, well they know where one is and come and get it.

I have no problem at all with it. Just like we as Americans shouldn't cowar from terrorists, police shouldn't cowar from domestic terrorists and all these cop haters who want to kill cops are nothing but domestic terrorists in my book.

At least that officer was caught on tape and is facing charges for his crimes. That's good to see.

It happens all the time. Police that screw up go to jail. Sometimes when they're accused they don't, because like you and me, they have rights as well. At least for now anyways...