Miracle on 34th vs Wonderful Life...who you got?

Jumper_Dad

Which do you like better?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better?

• It's a Wonderful Life
    • Miracle on 34th Street

Watching Miracle on 34th Street and got into a discussion with my wife and thought it might be a good thread also.

It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street are All-Time Classics, but which do you like better?

No Discussion of Randy's Home Movies in this thread....just these two movies please!!! :)

Miracle has a slightly higher Rotten Tomatoes Rating 96% to 94%

Wonderful Life has a higher IMDB Rating 8.7 to 7.9 out of 10

Miracle won 3 Oscars and was Nominated for a fourth (Best Picture)

Best Actor in a Supporting Role Edmund Gwenn

Best Writing, Original Story Valentine Davies

Best Writing, Screenplay George Seaton

Wonderful Life was Nominated for 5 Oscars

Best Picture

Best Actor in a Leading Role James Stewart

Best Director Frank Capra

Best Sound, Recording John Aalberg (RKO Radio SSD)

Best Film Editing William Hornbeck

Wonderful Life!!!

If you think about it, it Kind of has "A Christmas Carol" theme played backwards.

Good banker, always generous, falls on hard times and wishes he was dead, gets shown what would have happened if he was never born, other people then help him. Like a Scrooge story in reverse.

It's A Wonderful Life by a landslide.

Nailed it again!

DO NOT mess with Randy when it comes to Christmas.

"It's a Wonderful Life" wins this one by miles. "Miracle" is cute and all, but I'm a grown man and I CAN NOT stop from welling up at the end of Wonderful Life when Harry puts that glass in the air and says "To my brother George, the richest man in town!" and everyone starts singing "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing". Warms right down to the cockles of my heart.

Every. Single. Time.

OK, flame on people I don't like It's a Wonderful Life. I've tried to watch it several times and I can't sit through it. The original, uncolorized version of Miracle on 34th Street is a much better movie IMVHO.

I wasn't a big fan either until I finally sat down and watched it from the beginning to the end. Over the years I had tuned in in the middle several times and just didn't really think much of it. Same with Miracle for that matter but once I committed to watching both, they became two of my favorites.