Meinken makeover

dpeevh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this field in the flood zone? If so really bad idea to put field turf field in. One flood and its destroyed. Just ask Newport football stadium...

Will they still be sharing the field with Holy Cross? I thought Holy Cross had put some money in the park the last couple of years to help up grade it.

Will they still be sharing the field with Holy Cross? I thought Holy Cross had put some money in the park the last couple of years to help up grade it.

From what I heard, it will be Holmes' field only. Two different people said that to me, but might not be true.

If it is true, where would the Holy Cross home field be?

From what I heard, it will be Holmes' field only. Two different people said that to me, but might not be true.

If it is true, where would the Holy Cross home field be?

I know for a fact that Holmes has control over the field scheduling wise but have heard that HC may play some games there but not nearly as many as they have been. Mike Holtz and Pat Ryan put a as much time and effort as they could the last 5 years- way more than anyone from Homes for sure - and got the shaft.

Unsure at this time where HC will play. One thing for sure is neither will play there this year. Cordero Field?

I know for a fact that Holmes has control over the field scheduling wise but have heard that HC may play some games there but not nearly as many as they have been. Mike Holtz and Pat Ryan put a as much time and effort as they could the last 5 years- way more than anyone from Homes for sure - and got the shaft.

Unsure at this time where HC will play. One thing for sure is neither will play there this year. Cordero Field?

Is that field long enough?

How did they get the shaft?

If it wasn't for the money from Holmes and the district back in the early 80's the present Meinken Field would never have been built. As time wore on original agreements between the school district and the city faded away or were chosen to be ignored, both schools seemingly became dual tenants which was not part of the original agreement.

Since the school district now owns the field, and will be providing upkeep to the facility, then I would say they should get first rights for varsity, b-team, and freshman games plus practice on off days at Meinken. If time is open outside of those parameters, I would imagine Holy Cross could use the field.

Speaking of that, did the folks in charge of Meinken ever try to pursue any Reds Community Fund money for their improvements? Or have any other local high schools tried/been awarded any Reds Community Fund money for their fields?

Is that field long enough?

I don't think it is. It may be alright down the lines, but I think center is pretty shallow. I know they play some A and AA knothole there, but I don't think you could play varsity level baseball there.

I don't think it is. It may be alright down the lines, but I think center is pretty shallow. I know they play some A and AA knothole there, but I don't think you could play varsity level baseball there.

During the high school fall league, some varsity games were held at Cordero. I wouldn't park my car near the centerfield fence; there were definitely some long balls in all three games I saw there.

Speaking of that, did the folks in charge of Meinken ever try to pursue any Reds Community Fund money for their improvements? Or have any other local high schools tried/been awarded any Reds Community Fund money for their fields?

I'm not sure how much the RCF is involved in Meinken but I know they are hoping to have it done by the All-Star Break so it can be shown off. Hearing that makes me think there is a financial investment by the RCF.

I'm not sure how much the RCF is involved in Meinken but I know they are hoping to have it done by the All-Star Break so it can be shown off. Hearing that makes me think there is a financial investment by the RCF.

Heard its a project for the All-Star Game. They're hoping to have it done to have some activities held there as well. If I heard correctly.

As of "Flood Zone" not sure how long it's been since there has been a flood.

This whole field is getting redone.

Turf Field

New Fencing

New Netting

New Parking Lot

New Dugouts

Basically new everything.

It's Holmes field now.

& I heard they're home games would possibly be played at FOPA in latonia on field 5

Along with Senior Night (Holmes v HC) is trying to be held at a college field.

Heard its a project for the All-Star Game. They're hoping to have it done to have some activities held there as well. If I heard correctly.

As of "Flood Zone" not sure how long it's been since there has been a flood.

This whole field is getting redone.

Turf Field

New Fencing

New Netting

New Parking Lot

New Dugouts

Basically new everything.

It's Holmes field now.

& I heard they're home games would possibly be played at FOPA in latonia on field 5

Along with Senior Night (Holmes v HC) is trying to be held at a college field.

They will be playing home games elsewhere as well but I cannot remember what field. I was just told on Wednesday but my memory apparently isn't good.

Oh, so it is Reds Community Fund and not just the Cincinnati Reds proper? For whatever reason, I had it in my head that we were talking about them separately.