Meinken makeover

dpeevh

It looks good, would be nice to have a big tournament there but I don't think that will ever happen. There just is not enough stands or parking and with what parking there is, it's kind of close. Who wants to get a ball ding or have to replace a window? I guess folks could use Holmes HS lot(if permitted) but would they want to walk back and forth? Just an opinion.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes and Holy Cross.

Is it still Holy Cross's? Holmes owns it now, so I assume they would want to use it more than even before. This way they can also practice more without worrying about Holy Cross having a game. I also wonder if the Holmes football team will make use of it for when their practice field is soaked after lots of rain.

It is Holmes's Complex now since they bought it from the city last year or the year before.

I would imagine that Holy Cross will get to use the field, but probably not near to the extent of what they had in the past. That is just a guess.

From what I have heard the field was created as a dual purpose facility and the outfield is segmented into 5 yards and this will allow the football team to use the field for practice, if need be, for this year at least because the school is evidently close to raising the funds needed to turf their football field. The frosh and middle school teams could also use the field as well.

The marching band will also be able to use the facility as will their softball teams and it sets up well for the school to have intramurals.

It also gives the city a place to hold events as well, since they pretty much have allowed most of their recreational facilities to wither on the vine.

I believe these fields have fairly strict guidelines to allow for longer lasting turf.