Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

As A Kentucky Fan, I'm Worried About The Louisville Game

Featured Replies

  • Author
Why would any Kentucky fan be worried about Louisville?

 

The Cardinals are a really solid college team. Doesn't mean they can compete with the Nike Developmental Academy of Lexington, John Calipari, Executive Director.

 

Two different levels here: Louisville's good, Kentucky's elite.

 

I don't know that Kentucky matches the physicality of Harrell and I thought Louisville's guards played exceptionally well last night. The Harrisons could be in for a long night given the dribble penetration that they're prone to giving up.

 

I don't know if Kentucky is really ready to handle the kind of pressure that they're going to be able to put on them, especially Ulis and Booker.

 

Finally, I don't know if UK is able to decphier a number of defensive sets and the different things that they'll do out of each, constantly switching defenses and trying to throw UK off.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Why would any Kentucky fan be worried about Louisville?

 

The Cardinals are a really solid college team. Doesn't mean they can compete with the Nike Developmental Academy of Lexington, John Calipari, Executive Director.

 

Two different levels here: Louisville's good, Kentucky's elite.

 

I'm being completely serious when I say that I think Louisville is the most likely team on the schedule to beat us and that it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did.

 

Game could literally be the first to 55 or 60.

I think it will be a very ugly game in regards to offense and I hope that the officials don't crap down their pants like they did in the UK vs. Texas game. I get calling it close, but a foul every time a big posts up was obnoxious. I could see officials calling a similar game.

I don't know that Kentucky matches the physicality of Harrell and I thought Louisville's guards played exceptionally well last night. The Harrisons could be in for a long night given the dribble penetration that they're prone to giving up.

 

I don't know if Kentucky is really ready to handle the kind of pressure that they're going to be able to put on them, especially Ulis and Booker.

 

Finally, I don't know if UK is able to decphier a number of defensive sets and the different things that they'll do out of each, constantly switching defenses and trying to throw UK off.

 

You mean the penetration they purposely allow?

I am not sure what to think of this game. If UK's offense is as offensive as it has been lately, UK may struggle to win and possibly lose having to rely soley on its defense. On the other hand, I could see UK hitting shots build incredible momentum and just run UofL right out of their own stadium.

If Louisville plays like they did last night, they can definitely win. I hope they let them play, do not need another 51 foul called night again.

 

I agree. They looked really good offensively last night.

Kentucky 70

Louisville 54

 

I agree. They looked really good offensively last night.

 

Yet they looked "offensive" on defense at the same time.

I haven't really watched UL outside of the first game, is there 3 point shooting any better? The only way they can beat UK is if they can shoot from the outside, they won't get much inside, I don't care how good Harrell is, it ain't happening.

I haven't really watched UL outside of the first game' date=' is there 3 point shooting any better? The only way they can beat UK is if they can shoot from the outside, they won't get much inside, I don't care how good Harrell is, it ain't happening.[/quote']

 

I may have been dreaming but I believe in a game I watched a week or so ago the announcers were saying UL was one of the worst in the country. But last night I saw a stat that their guards were shooting around 50%.

There's no way anyone is seriously concerned UK may lose to Louisville.

There's no way anyone is seriously concerned UK may lose to Louisville.

 

Agreed.

  • Author
There's no way anyone is seriously concerned UK may lose to Louisville.

 

Well, I guess it's true now. We're all worried about losing to Columbia for the moment.

  • Author

UK beat Texas, who was playing without their starting PG, at Rupp. They beat Kansas, who honestly just isn't very good right now, on a neutral floor. Still early and they play a nice non-conference schedule, but I don't think they go undefeated based on what I've seen. I think Louisville is the team with the best chance of doing it, especially at the Yum! Center.

How about this:

 

I believe it is POSSIBLE, but highly IMPROBABLE.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.