Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 82 Eastern Kentucky 49

Featured Replies

Final wasn't pretty. The offense still not very good when it comes around watch out!

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Final wasn't pretty. The offense still not very good when it comes around watch out!

 

:thumb: About what I was going to say. With the Cats coming of the physical (all out cage match :eek:) with Texas a couple of nights ago they came out flat with no emotion today and basically went through the motions. U.K. has got to get out of that, just another thing they will learn - to play Every Time Out !

On a side note it was good to see the Knipp kid from 16th region playing for EKU. This is his senior season. From his beard it seems that he will be joining the Duck Dynasty crew after graduation. Knipp was a great h.s. player and it's great to see him having a good college career.

Cats came out assertive early on. Solid game from KAT, also hit a nice three from the corner. I saw on KSR where WCS told coach Robic to keep him out so Marcus Lee could get some extra minutes. This team has gelled better than other UK teams early on in the season.

 

The way this team plays D, and the togetherness will fill up the W column very quickly.

 

I hope they don't get cute against Columbia by looking ahead to UNC.

Still annoys me when all they do is just drive to the basket and force the issue inside. The passing on this team so far has been very weak in finding the open guy. Numerous times there is a guy going down the lane with his head down while being double teamed with another guy wide open on the arc.

 

They'll eventually figure out how to play offense. The scary thing though is I don't know if they have to find the offense much more with the way they play defense.

EKU never let up. They kept the pressing defense right up to the end. VERY impressive.

Jeff Neubauer said Kentucky is the best defensive team in the modern era of college basketball:

 

Loved how loud the crowd got when Aaron Harrison finally hit the first UK three on the night.

Loved how loud the crowd got when Aaron Harrison finally hit the first UK three on the night.

 

Believe Cal set up that play.

Thought I would share this from the game last night:

 

The players are doing that brother-keeping thing.

We’re watching a bunch of guys who genuinely like each other on and off the court. We’ve been talking about it since interacting with them in the Bahamas and Robic shared another good example of how unselfish they are tonight. He said Coach Cal looked at Willie when it was Willie’s time to check in and Willie told him to leave Marcus Lee in the game because he was playing well. So Cal let Marcus run with the blue platoon while Willie watched on with excitement from the bench. Robic compared it to Michael Kidd-Gilchrist sitting for Darius Miller in 2012; that year ended pretty well if I remember correctly.

Lee said, “That totally does put trust and comfort in your other players, knowing that I would be able to do it for him, and he is also capable of doing the same thing for me. It kind of shows how much we care about each other and we are just not there for ourselves.”

 

Kentucky Sports Radio

Believe Cal set up that play.

 

I also believe they were well aware of the streak. Their offense completely changed the last 5 minutes. They were running plays to shoot 3's

I also believe they were well aware of the streak. Their offense completely changed the last 5 minutes. They were running plays to shoot 3's

 

I know I heard that their streak has been going since 1988. Did I also hear right that UNLV actually holds the record?

I know I heard that their streak has been going since 1988. Did I also hear right that UNLV actually holds the record?

 

Yeah that's correct. I think UNLV's goes back to 1987. Kentucky is second with 909 games (I think that's the number they told us last night)

I was thinking Vandy held the record.

I was thinking Vandy held the record.

 

UNLV (690 games)

Vanderbilt (688 games)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.