Who will be the next Head Coach at Paintsville?

I'm a little suprised but 2 sports is too much. He showed he can do it and there aren't many that can but it's tough to have much of a life and do things the right way like he does.

I know several people that I think would be interested but I won't throw their name out just yet because I don't want to start any rumors. They have the best QB in Eastern KY back and Humphrey is a HUGE pickup! You all will love the way he plays! Paintsville would be a great coaching job IMO! Good luck with the search. If my wife would move that way I would try to get in there in a heartbeat! Great school, community, commitment, kids etc.

Isn't BMR also the AD? Man, talk about being a busy man. Wowee! How often does a 10-3 coach step down? He probably needs some time just to sleep with that type of schedule. Coaching 2 major sports plus being the AD has to fill up most hours in the day. Good luck to the Tigers in finding a solid coach to keep building the program!

As a Tomcat whose knowledge of Paintsville is from a distance, with casual contact through following HS to youth sports for quite some time, I'm curious about how JC's success/coaches/size/etc. effects your coach situation.

I was just curious whether JC's increased focus on football with Matney arriving may have encouraged coach Runyon to take on football this last year to help keep an excellent Paintsville football program from losing ground?

Cheers, Woody Jr

As a Tomcat whose knowledge of Paintsville is from a distance, with casual contact through following HS to youth sports for quite some time, I'm curious about how JC's success/coaches/size/etc. effects your coach situation.

I was just curious whether JC's increased focus on football with Matney arriving may have encouraged coach Runyon to take on football this last year to help keep an excellent Paintsville football program from losing ground?

Cheers, Woody Jr

No, I think the answer is much simpler. Paintsville historically (>20 yrs) and in BMR's high school days, was much more a football school. I believe Coach Runyon just wanted the school to maintain its football presence in general and thought he could do the job. Maybe he didn't realize the extent of the workload, however... :sssh:

As far as Central goes, the county school has always been the more self-conscious if their sports teams dropped below the standard of the original city school.

That's not meant to be a cut - Central should generally have better teams than Paintsville (more students, better facilities, more $$$) and that hasn't been the case since Central's inception.

:bunny:

This is a suprise to me. I would have thought that after the success that he had last year in only his first season and with Pugh coming back that he would stay longer than just one year. From what I can tell he is very respected in that part of the state and I wish him the best.