Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rowan's Troy Thomas offered at Virginia State

Featured Replies

Rowan County's Troy Thomas has been offered an assistant coaching position at Virginia State University (men's basketball). He flies out next week to interview for the position but will not make any decision until he visits the campus and returns to Morehead. Best of luck Coach Thomas. If you go, we will sure miss you at Rowan County. You have definitely been one of the best young coaches in the state of Kentucky.

Keep us posted on this one...Troy Lee is a great person and has done very well in his young coaching career. I only wish the best for him.:thumb:

  • Author

I will keep you posted. I think he's had a great 2 year career at Rowan County.

2 61st District Championships

2 16th Region Finalist

1 Regional Championship

Plus having one of the youngest teams in state and bringing them back to the finals. Very impressive.

Virginia St. would be getting one heck of a coach. I was very impressed with Coach Thomas, and the way his team played.

Where is Virginia State and are they Division 1?

The job he did this year might be more impressive than the job he did last year. Very good coach.

I dont think Troy Lee Thomas will be very far away from Rowan next year. I just dont see him taking this job

Its awesome that he is getting looks from college schools because he is a great coach, but I'm not sure this particular school would be a good fit for him. I think he'll have bigger things coming soon :)

FYI - Thomas interviewed at this school and told them he was not interested.

I think that Troy Lee does have bigger and better things ahead. He is a great coach and Rowan County will miss him when he finally does move on.

Thomas is a great guy and will move up, but I have never heard of Va. State???

Maybe Troy Lee will be back on the MSU bench in coming months?

  • Author

Without a doubt, Coach Thomas would be a great assistant at the collegiate level with recruiting, counseling players, and inspiration. He has to be one of the best defensive coaches in the state of Kentucky. I'm sure that Coach Thomas will be back next season for the Lady Vikings. They have everyone returning except Wientjes, plus the addition to Madison Furman next season should help them tremendously. I've had the opportunity to watch several of his practice and they are so intense. I've never seen girls go so hard in practice. There was no standing around, they were always moving with a purpose and always communicating constantly. All they did was DEFENSE the whole time. I believe they did one shooting drill in his practice and that was it. It just amazed me how hard they went. No wonder his girls play so hard for him. His young players he had should be more mature and experienced for next season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.