Rowan's Troy Thomas offered at Virginia State

Without a doubt, Coach Thomas would be a great assistant at the collegiate level with recruiting, counseling players, and inspiration. He has to be one of the best defensive coaches in the state of Kentucky. I'm sure that Coach Thomas will be back next season for the Lady Vikings. They have everyone returning except Wientjes, plus the addition to Madison Furman next season should help them tremendously. I've had the opportunity to watch several of his practice and they are so intense. I've never seen girls go so hard in practice. There was no standing around, they were always moving with a purpose and always communicating constantly. All they did was DEFENSE the whole time. I believe they did one shooting drill in his practice and that was it. It just amazed me how hard they went. No wonder his girls play so hard for him. His young players he had should be more mature and experienced for next season.

Working on that defense the whole time is maybe why they dont score alot of points :D

I sat with Troy Lee at one of the boys state tournament games and he is REALLY excited about the future of his team at Rowan. He thinks if all goes right and with a few lucky bounces (what team does not need those) they could be playing on Saturday night some year in the near future.

You never know. He has the knowledge and he sure has the desire to win.