Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs. Kansas Predictions

Who wins? 32 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Thoughts?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really looking forward to the game. Had some extra time that I could use, so I'm taking Wednesday off (have some random things I need to get done during the day anyway). So I'm looking forward to having a few beers at Longnecks and watching both games. I love these early season classics.

 

As for the game, I think its going to be a battle. I don't know much about Kansas besides what they lost last year. I think Kentucky gets the win. 79-71.

The game yesterday showed me that this Kentucky team, while very talented, and deep, has a long way to go. I think this team will go thru some of the same struggles as last year's team, not as many or as long because they have more experience this year. Therefore I see Kansas winning this early season matchup.

What is the outlook for the Kansas team this year?

What is the outlook for the Kansas team this year?

 

In my opinion, their outlook is that they are quick. If we beat them on the glass, we will win by 5-10. If we try to run with them, it will be very close and they might even win. Their bigs are ok, but we have an obvious advantage. Their shooting is also pretty good, so we also need to have perimeter defense.

 

My prediction:

Kentucky 79

Kansas 71

In my opinion, their outlook is that they are quick. If we beat them on the glass, we will win by 5-10. If we try to run with them, it will be very close and they might even win. Their bigs are ok, but we have an obvious advantage. Their shooting is also pretty good, so we also need to have perimeter defense.

 

My prediction:

Kentucky 79

Kansas 71

And usually Cal's teams struggle with transition defense, guarding quick guards, and defending the 3 earlier in the season. A reason I feel Kentucky will lose tomorrow night.

I think Kentucky gets the win. 79-71.

 

 

My prediction:

Kentucky 79

Kansas 71

 

:idunno: :ylsuper:

:idunno: :ylsuper:

 

Oops, didn't even realize that...

What is the outlook for the Kansas team this year?

 

#5 in the country. They play about 8 or 9 players, but I was surprised to see Cliff Alexander & Kelly Oubre play only 16 total minutes in their season opener.

 

I think they have pretty good guard play with Selden & Mason. Also, Graham played well off the bench the other night. Their best player is probably Perry Ellis (Kansas beat us for him), who not only has a nice men's clothing line, but he had 13 & 10 against UCSB.

 

I'll go with UK by 4, but I'm banking on the Cats performing better than they did yesterday. If the team that played yesterday shows up, this is an L.

#5 in the country. They play about 8 or 9 players, but I was surprised to see Cliff Alexander & Kelly Oubre play only 16 total minutes in their season opener.

 

I think they have pretty good guard play with Selden & Mason. Also, Graham played well off the bench the other night. Their best player is probably Perry Ellis (Kansas beat us for him), who not only has a nice men's clothing line, but he had 13 & 10 against UCSB.

 

I'll go with UK by 4, but I'm banking on the Cats performing better than they did yesterday. If the team that played yesterday shows up, this is an L.

 

Alexander is foul prone, another key is to hold him or get him in foul trouble.

 

Their dark horse shooter is a guy they picked up at the last minute. His name is Sviatoslav Mykhaliuk. He can light it up.

Their dark horse shooter is a guy they picked up at the last minute. His name is Sviatoslav Mykhaliuk. He can light it up.

 

Played 16 minutes off the bench the other night & was 0-2 from 3. Of course, the entire team was only 2-10.

 

I expected Alexander to start for Kansas, but he was productive in the time he was on the floor. 9 points & 4 boards in 12 minutes.

I heard earlier this morning that the line will open with Kansas as a 2.5 point favorite.

Kinda torn on this one. The Cats didn't leave me with that warm and fuzzy feeling after the Buffalo game.

 

UK has to quit settling for the quick 3 point shot. They are too big and athletic for that type of strategy. Get to the rim and throw it up for a big guy or get to the foul line.

 

I think we have a group of kids who will learn quickly from their mistakes. Seems like our kids are very coachable and just want to win.

 

UK 76

Kansas 72

I heard earlier this morning that the line will open with Kansas as a 2.5 point favorite.

 

Vegas doesn't have the line yet. The one you are referring to is the CBS Sports line which is unbelievable.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.