November 16, 201411 yr beginning of the end of the platoon already? Don't think . You will have to adjust when kids get in foul trouble. Coach Cal has stated many times it is a work in progress and adjustments will have to be made.
November 16, 201411 yr This game worked out just fine. Sure I would have liked to see a more dominating performance, but we got Booker going some, knocking down some jumpers, which is big in my opinion. Ulis has some confidence in his shooting after this one too. I bet KAT has a big game Tuesday night. In the locker room after this one, I bet Cal said something along the lines of, "Now you know how hard you have to play every single game. Everyone is going to give you their best shot".
November 16, 201411 yr beginning of the end of the platoon already? Listen to Coach Cal post game show and he will answer your question:
November 16, 201411 yr This team was over looking Buffalo and had the Jayhawks in their scope. Big game Tuesday. This team is so good, they will have other look ahead games as well. Only natural.
November 17, 201411 yr I can't imagine Hurley stays in Buffalo very long. Like his older bro, he'll get some bigger chances soon. He always looked like Uncle Fester to me with those eyes, so maybe Transylvania should be his next job.
November 17, 201411 yr I only caught the second half and I did like the hustle from a few players. I almost can't explain seeing a fast break with three giants sprinting up the court. Lee is one of my favorites.
November 17, 201411 yr Some of my takes from the game from high in the Rupp rafters. 1. Ulis knows how and when to deliver the pass to the shooter. 2. Lee could develop into a Dennis Rodman type player, really like his energy. 3. Lyles has really good offensive skills. 4. WCS & Towns need to develop some low post offensive moves. 5. Poythress still needs to work on his ball handling. 6. Andrew Harrison still mopes at times.
November 17, 201411 yr Some of my takes from the game from high in the Rupp rafters. 1. Ulis knows how and when to deliver the pass to the shooter. 2. Lee could develop into a Dennis Rodman type player, really like his energy. 3. Lyles has really good offensive skills. 4. WCS & Towns need to develop some low post offensive moves. 5. Poythress still needs to work on his ball handling. 6. Andrew Harrison still mopes at times. Townes has plenty of offensive game, yesterday is not typical. Poythress will never be a good ballhandler, never.
November 17, 201411 yr Townes has plenty of offensive game, yesterday is not typical. Poythress will never be a good ballhandler, never. Towns seems to prefer facing the basket, does not seem comfortable down low. He had the ball in the center of the paint a couple of times about 6 feet from the basket and didn't even look at taking the shot. I think he will develop that soon though, WCS is another story.
November 18, 201411 yr Towns seems to prefer facing the basket, does not seem comfortable down low. He had the ball in the center of the paint a couple of times about 6 feet from the basket and didn't even look at taking the shot. I think he will develop that soon though, WCS is another story. I'm basing my assessment on the 6 games in the Bahamas, 2 exhibitions, and the first regular game. Not just on a game where he played 10 minutes due to foul trouble.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.