Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood @ Newport Central Catholic predictions

Who Wins This One? 49 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins This One?

    • Newport Catholic
      22%
    • Beechwood
      77%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

You can see by the opening of the thread why I deferred to Lawnboy on posting this thread. He does an excellent job and I would have not done it as well.

 

Beechwood has been on an incredible roll since their loss to Dixie. These stats below include games against top 10 ranked 5A Franklin County and 4A Covington Catholic.

 

- Beechwood is 7-0 and has outscored their opponents in the first half 244-6 in those games.

 

- Covington Catholic is the only team with a first half TD versus Beechwood in the past seven games.

 

- Only two opponents have more than one first down in the first half against Beechwood's first team defense (Covington Catholic and Holmes).

 

- The following 5 teams had zero or one first down versus Beechwood's first team in the first half - Ludlow, Dayton, Bellevue, Franklin Co., Holy Cross.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tigers are playing some great football as you can see by the info posted above. I always see this game as an indicator of the Tigers' chances for a title. It is a long time rivalry from the 4 class days and the intensity of the rivalry has carried on since 6 class football began. The games are almost always close, hard fought battles regardless of one team being clearly favored over the other. This year, as the current poll results show, Beechwood is a strong favorite. The Tigers better go to work this week and get ready for a level of play they haven't seen for the past few weeks. This is a test of playoff hopes and New Cath will find any weakness. I agree with those that see Beechwood as the favorite. I am hoping the Tigers continue with this run of success and carry great momentum into the playoffs with another big victory,

I can't predict a winner, but I predict a shootout.

Beechies 36 NewCath 21

Beechwood 35, NewCath 14

 

I hope not. I could see it though.

I'd be surprised if Beechwood puts 30+ points on NCC.

I'd be surprised if Beechwood puts 30+ points on NCC.

 

Have you seen Beechwood lately?

Have you seen Beechwood lately?

 

Every week!

I too am hoping for a Beechwood win, but from what I have seen in the last several years....you just never know. The Tigers are on a roll at the moment, but NewCath is always well coached and play hard nosed defense. I just hope I'm back from being out of town so I can make it to the game.

  • Author

Who all is going to be at this game...........besides me.

 

Maybe a halftime "meet an greet"? :thumb:

I can't predict a winner, but I predict a shootout.

 

If that happens, I will be one disappointed Beechwood fan. The way the Beechwood defense is playing and the way New Cath's offense has not scored more than 4 TD's in most of their games, if it turns into shootout that will be a surprise. I see this being on New Cath's defense to hold down the Tigers offense if the Breds want a win. If Beechwood scores 28+, the Tigers win.

I don't know what to think about this one. I feel Beechwood is the better team, but this is the BW-NCC game.

 

NKYPete has seen both teams and he predicts a shootout. Can some of the Dixie fans comment based on what they saw?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.