Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood @ Newport Central Catholic predictions

Who Wins This One? 49 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins This One?

    • Newport Catholic
      22%
    • Beechwood
      77%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I made a statement earlier in the season that beechwood by 18.. I'm sticking to it.. It may be a rivalry but keeping my word..

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Studer will be out couple more weeks. he walking around now. Looking good for the playoff run.

I don't think anyone needs to worry about them protecting Henschen or not showing their cards to anyone in 2A. This is Beechwood week and they will do whatever they have to do to win this rivalry game. They won't run the ball all over Beechwood like they have some recent opponents. Patrick will have to play well this week and I'm sure Beechwoods plan is to make NCC throw the ball some. This will be a great preparation game for both teams and especially both young quarterbacks. This is always a classic game! Just hope both teams stay healthy and do great in the playoffs! Good luck to both!

I don't think anyone needs to worry about them protecting Henschen or not showing their cards to anyone in 2A. This is Beechwood week and they will do whatever they have to do to win this rivalry game. They won't run the ball all over Beechwood like they have some recent opponents. Patrick will have to play well this week and I'm sure Beechwoods plan is to make NCC throw the ball some. This will be a great preparation game for both teams and especially both young quarterbacks. This is always a classic game! Just hope both teams stay healthy and do great in the playoffs! Good luck to both!

 

I was just considering what happened a couple years a go when a qb went down and it cost them a possible run at a state championship with the lost to HC. Only difference between then and now is the backup situation at qb. Its been a struggle this year, I'd just hate to see things get tougher. But I guess you're right, play today because tomorrow might not come.

I was just considering what happened a couple years a go when a qb went down and it cost them a possible run at a state championship with the lost to HC. Only difference between then and now is the backup situation at qb. Its been a struggle this year, I'd just hate to see things get tougher. But I guess you're right, play today because tomorrow might not come.

 

Are you talking when Brady Hightchew got hurt in the BW game? It wasn't anything that serious. He was just out the second half with cramps I believe. He played the HC game, which NCC lost as well.

Are you talking when Brady Hightchew got hurt in the BW game? It wasn't anything that serious. He was just out the second half with cramps I believe. He played the HC game, which NCC lost as well.

 

If I remember correctly it was a pretty bad ankle sprain

I was just considering what happened a couple years a go when a qb went down and it cost them a possible run at a state championship with the lost to HC. Only difference between then and now is the backup situation at qb. Its been a struggle this year, I'd just hate to see things get tougher. But I guess you're right, play today because tomorrow might not come.

 

The Hightchew injury wasn't what got NCC beat versus Holy Cross in the playoffs. That loss was because NCC's defense couldn't contain Kyle Fuller.

  • Author
The Hightchew injury wasn't what got NCC beat versus Holy Cross in the playoffs. That loss was because NCC's defense couldn't contain Kyle Fuller.

 

Add in the fact they were giving a 10 yard cushion to the receivers:ohbrother:

Throw the history out the window....Beechwood romps in this one.

Throw the history out the window....Beechwood romps in this one.

 

We get it you dont like NCC in any sport. Must be jealous of small schools or something.

The Hightchew injury wasn't what got NCC beat versus Holy Cross in the playoffs. That loss was because NCC's defense couldn't contain Kyle Fuller.

 

They lost by a field goal. Hightchew was at about 70%. I think that had he been closer to 90% he was that good that he'd make up 4pts by himself.

Holy Cross had a great team that year, but Hightchew's high ankel sprain 3 weeks before that game was the only reason HC won that game, and you can thank Beechwood for that. I love Holy Cross and was very proud of their St. championship but the facts are the facts.

This year's NCC vs Beechwood game to me is all about the line play. NCC's d- ends needs to contain and pressure the QB, and on the offensive side need to find the right combination of players to open holes and protect their QB. That's prety basic football and right now Beechwood is doing it and NCC isn't.

We get it you dont like NCC in any sport. Must be jealous of small schools or something.

 

Beat post I've seen yet.

We get it you dont like NCC in any sport. Must be jealous of small schools or something.

 

He is a Beechwood Graduate!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.