Male Country Artists: Mt. Rushmore

B-Ball-fan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rough night? Tossing and turning and didn't get any sleep? It's like you woke up bound and determined to hate on absolutely everything this morning.

:lol2:

It's a knee-jerk reaction I have with country music to degrade it. As are my attacks on you, it truly is all in good fun.

Honestly, my list would be:

George Jones

Hank Williams, Sr.

Conway Twitty

Willie Nelson

I don't have Johnny Cash on the list because I think he's in a genre of music all by himself. I refuse to allow country to claim him because I like him a lot. :lol2:

It's a knee-jerk reaction I have with country music to degrade it. As are my attacks on you, it truly is all in good fun.

George Jones

Hank Williams, Sr.

Conway Twitty

Willie Nelson

I don't have Johnny Cash on the list because I think he's in a genre of music all by himself. I refuse to allow country to claim him because I like him a lot. :lol2:

He's in Country Music, Rock and Roll, and Gospel Music Halls of Fame....everybody can claim his Greatness!!!

We actually were talking about this in the office yesterday. How do you leave Garth Brooks off the mountain? I don't thin you can.

Gotta go with:

Hank Sr.

George Jones

George Straight

Garth

It's hard to leave Cash off...but to be honest I don't think he'd WANT to be on it if you know his history battling the traditional country music establishment in his heyday.

Hank Williams

Willie Nelson

George Strait

Johnny Cash

find it hard to leave out Garth Brooks, although a short career since his so called retirement and now he's back again, but the influence he had this generation is hard to argue with. I'd also list Hank Jr as honorable mention.

George Jones

Hank Williams, Sr.

Conway Twitty

Willie Nelson

I get what you're saying and sorta view Willie the same way.

Garth Brooks is single-handedly responsible from turning true country music into the "pop-country" of today. No way should he be on there IMO.

I was going to say the same thing but was going to list the reason he is on there. Changed the way country music is regarded.

I would go with:

Johnny Cash

Garth Brooks

Hank Williams

George Straight

Edited by littleluck55
Male

I came very close to leaving off Hank for Willie. TVZ and Cash were my absolute no-brainers. Then it got tricky.

Waylon Jennings would be my "Under-Funded And Probably Won't Ever Get Finished Crazy Horse Memorial Male Country Artist" - you know...that guy who fought the power and never really got along with "the man", while still doing a great job of doing his own thing.