October 23, 201411 yr I am nowhere near the authority on country music, but can't deny it as a force, and have definitely dug some of it here and there over the years. I would never shut it out and will always be open to knowing that gems within the genre are time to time bound to stand out amongst what I consider to be often copied sounds. There are so many worthy artists that can make this list, but for the sake of kicking this thread off, I'll toss out 4 that come straight to my head as no doubters. Johnny Cash Hank Williams Willie Nelson Glen Campbell
October 23, 201411 yr Author Does George Strait have a spot on that mountain? Does he? It's your call and your mountain. If you say he does it sounds like a respectable entry.
October 23, 201411 yr Townes Van Zandt Waylon Jennings Johnny Cash Hank Williams This one was hard...
October 23, 201411 yr Townes Van Zandt Waylon Jennings Johnny Cash Hank Williams This one was hard... Was going to post this same list. My alternate is: Johnny Cash Johnny Cash Johnny Cash Johnny Cash
October 23, 201411 yr Author Was going to post this same list. My alternate is: Johnny Cash Johnny Cash Johnny Cash Johnny Cash I seriously considered this being my mountain.
October 23, 201411 yr Johnny Cash George Jones Hank Williams Are the No Doubt About It and really shouldn't be questioned Top Three!!! #4 Could be Willie Nelson or George Strait...maybe even Waylon Jennings
October 23, 201411 yr Gotta throw some love to my man, Kris Kristofferson too! :no: not for Mt Rushmore...I'm still trying to figure out how he made it on stage with the Highwaymen!
October 23, 201411 yr Hank Williams Sr. Johnny Cash Waylon Jennings Conway Twitty Honorable Mention: George Jones, Bocephus, David Allan Coe
October 23, 201411 yr 1. 2. 3. 4. Rough night? Tossing and turning and didn't get any sleep? It's like you woke up bound and determined to hate on absolutely everything this morning. :lol2:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.