Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Three point shot

Featured Replies

I have seen a lot of post about teams 3 point capability and I assume that the post refer to hitting a lot of threes. I am wondering if anyone feels the way that I do in that more games are lost by 3 pointers then are won by 3 pointers. I am not taking about a 3 at the buzzer or a team that hit 12 3's in a particular hot night. Just in general: are more games lost by and not hitting them as opposed to a 10-15 foot jumpers.

Yes, some teams do rely too much on threes.

I think you are absolutely correct, especially at the high school and below. Teams that score more points in the paint than their opponent win over 95% of the time.

Especially at Rupp! But I do think we need to make a distinction between a team that shoots a lot of/ and relies heavily on the three vs a team that compliments their offense with the ability to shoot them well. The latter is tough to guard and does not lose 95% of the time...

Good point 2short, big difference between the two. I love watching a team that can hit from long range but also uses the mid range jumper.

At the high school level, the best 3-point play in the ability to drive the land, hit the layup and draw the foul. Much more demoralizing, IMHO.

Live by the 3 or die by the 3.

Live by the 3 or die by the 3.

i.e: Southwestern

CovCath lives by the 3 in the first half, then comes out going to the basket in the second half. Not necessarily the game plan but it always seems to turn out like that.

 

And RadioGuy, CovCath is considered a top 2nd half team! So I guess you are right.

I would rather see a player who can put the ball on the floor and create his own shots than see someon run off screens and rely on someone else to get them a shot.

i.e: Southwestern

 

 

If you have to die, looks like as good a place as any!

 

 

:fight:

I see a lot of kids/teams that can’t seem to get enough of the long ball, and they have no business launching them. It's like baseball players that swing for the fence while nursing a .175 batting average.

 

On the other hand, the three is a very effective weapon in the hands of a player/team that knows how to use it.

 

A player/team that can consistently hit 33% from 3 range is the same as a player/team that averages 50% in the paint. Not too bad.

 

A player/team that can consistently hit 40% from 3 range is the same as a player/team that averages 60% in the paint. Pretty good.

 

A player/team that can consistently hit better than 40% from 3 range needs to let it fly.

 

A player/team that cannot consistently hit better than 30% from 3 range needs to save it for the buzzer.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.