Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montrezl Harrell named 1st Team Pre-Season All-American by CBS

Featured Replies

Rick is the best in the country with guys like Montrezl IMO.

 

Agreed. He falters as a recruiter when it comes to the top guys, but when he gets a guy with talent and has him for a few years, that guy is going to at least be a capable enough scorer with a penchant for lockdown defense.

Well he barely cracked the top 100 coming out of high school and now he's a preseason first team All-American so something's clearly going right.

 

Just another classic example of how stupid those rankings are, Some of the best players in the country over the past few years were low rated recruits

 

i.e. Russ Smith, Sean Kilpatrick (All Americans)

Big Blue fan here but glad to see Harrell get the respect he deserves. A very tough player in the paint and super explosive. If he can develop a 12-15 ft game he will have a bright future in the league. Hope he has a great season and would love to see Louisville win every game as long as they are not playing UK.

 

On a side note I think Pitino is the best in the business at taking a kid who has potential but struggles with work ethic and stability at home and transforming them into star players and people. I know many Cat fans hate Pitino now but the man did the same thing with Mashburn at UK. Regardless of what anyone says this state is big enough for 2 elite basketball programs and we are blessed to have front row seats to both IMO.

This guy.... :rolleyes:

 

Clearly you didnt think it would make it past post 10 before a comment like that happened correct?

Just another classic example of how stupid those rankings are, Some of the best players in the country over the past few years were low rated recruits

 

i.e. Russ Smith, Sean Kilpatrick (All Americans)

 

I disagree, at least as regards the players I know about. Russ wasn't an All-American-caliber player when he showed up at UofL. He couldn't take care of the ball and made some really poor decisions early on. Gorgui Dieng wasn't rated anywhere. I don't think that's a reflection of poor ranking; it's a reflection on the kind of player he was when he was 18-19 years old.

  • Author
I disagree, at least as regards the players I know about. Russ wasn't an All-American-caliber player when he showed up at UofL. He couldn't take care of the ball and made some really poor decisions early on. Gorgui Dieng wasn't rated anywhere. I don't think that's a reflection of poor ranking; it's a reflection on the kind of player he was when he was 18-19 years old.

 

Agreed.

Clearly you didnt think it would make it past post 10 before a comment like that happened correct?

 

I didn't. That's par for the course for him.

 

I disagree, at least as regards the players I know about. Russ wasn't an All-American-caliber player when he showed up at UofL. He couldn't take care of the ball and made some really poor decisions early on. Gorgui Dieng wasn't rated anywhere. I don't think that's a reflection of poor ranking; it's a reflection on the kind of player he was when he was 18-19 years old.

 

Spot on. Russ and SK weren't rated higher out of high school because neither were good enough at that point in their developnent. The credit goes to them and their coaches for becoming great players through hard work...

.....

 

NO WAY Juwan Staten ends the season being on any of these teams.

 

I'm sure I'm the only one, but I'm not a fan of Kaminsky's game. Works well for Wisconsin, and Bo Ryan is THE most under-rated x's and o's guy in America, but I'd pass on Kaminsky. Now, on the flip-side, I love Dekker's game.

 

You could talk me into taking DSR over Baker from Wichita State.

I disagree' date=' at least as regards the players I know about. Russ wasn't an All-American-caliber player when he showed up at UofL. He couldn't take care of the ball and made some really poor decisions early on. Gorgui Dieng wasn't rated anywhere. I don't think that's a reflection of poor ranking; it's a reflection on the kind of player he was when he was 18-19 years old.[/quote']

 

It was a double-edged sword with Russ. His recklessness made him a great fit for Pitino but had to be super frustrating for Louisville fans.

It was a double-edged sword with Russ. His recklessness made him a great fit for Pitino but had to be super frustrating for Louisville fans.

 

In his early years, yes. But over the last two seasons, the positives far outweighed the negatives with Russ.

I love the eye roll, it doesn't change reality but I love it.

 

The reality that you know NOTHING about basketball if all you see in Harrell's game is dunking? You're right...

The reality that you know NOTHING about basketball if all you see in Harrell's game is dunking? You're right...

 

If Harrell played on any other team other than Duke or Louisville that comment is never made.

Just another classic example of how stupid those rankings are, Some of the best players in the country over the past few years were low rated recruits

 

i.e. Russ Smith, Sean Kilpatrick (All Americans)

 

Or is it that they were probably rated/ranked where they should be coming out of high school and then worked their absolute butts off to get better?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.