Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Brown Shooting: Does the Distance Matter?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 74
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure it matters... Unless Brown also had a gun, there was no way the officer was in danger from 100+ feet away...

Sure it matters... Unless Brown also had a gun, there was no way the officer was in danger from 100+ feet away...

 

This, sort of. I can't really evaluate threats of danger without being there though it would seem it would to paint a different picture from a non-cop's perspective though I am certainly not one.

 

I am just going to wait until the reports come back. I have no idea, nor does anyone else to what happened.

The article referenced a picture of the officer in question, and although it wasn't completely clear, it certainly doesn't look like he was beaten in the face, if that is in fact him...

 

Have any photos of the officer been released?

108 feet???

 

Only someone from Seal Team Six or something similar (Delta Force, SAS, Secret Service, etc.) can hit anything at that distance with a handgun.

108 feet is 36 yards. Just for a reference point.

108 feet??? Only someone from Seal Team Six or something similar (Delta Force' date=' SAS, Secret Service, etc.) can hit anything at that distance with a handgun.[/quote']

 

I don't find that to be that difficult of a shot.

I don't find that to be that difficult of a shot.

 

Kinda what I was thinking once I put it into yards, not that far really.

I don't find that to be that difficult of a shot.

It's not an easy shot for the average person but for someone that practices regularly it's probably in the category of above average skill. That said add in the fact the officer was just beaten and adrenaline was high I think it becomes more difficult.

Saw this on Twitter today. Chief said the distance from the car door and officer to Brown was about 30 feet.

 

This guy says it was 108 feet.

 

Is it a coverup? House of Cards level corruption in Ferguson and beyond

 

Does that change anything? Why was the chief so far off? Did the officer just forget where he was when he shot the kid?

 

I don't remember reading it, but was the officers shooting position placed at the SUV. Or did he chase Brown before brown turned around on him?

 

The article is definitely biased, but there may be some truth to what they are saying. The point that would give a better idea of distance between them would be the location of the officers spent shell casing as compared to the body of Mr Brown. That is better than witness accounts, the officer's accounts or anything else would give the most accurate accounting for the distance between them.

108 feet???

 

Only someone from Seal Team Six or something similar (Delta Force, SAS, Secret Service, etc.) can hit anything at that distance with a handgun.

My father in-law is retired a Police Officer, I've saw him hit a clay target (4 or 5 inches across) at 25-30 yards (75-90ft) with a revolver. A silhouette style target at that distance wouldn't be a challenge to him.

  • Author
I don't remember reading it, but was the officers shooting position placed at the SUV. Or did he chase Brown before brown turned around on him?

 

.

 

In the video the chief references the distance from the cruiser to the victim.

In the video the chief references the distance from the cruiser to the victim.

 

So he may have misspoke...or lied as part of a coverup. I'll wait until they show a diagram with shell casing and the body before jumping to any conclusions.

 

I agree if the distance is that far it would open up a lot more questions that would need to be answered.

 

The problem is that the answers are known, but with a Grand Jury hearing the case and a possible trial to come later, it does no one any good to release every thing until that process is either completed or plays itself out in court.

It's not an easy shot for the average person but for someone that practices regularly it's probably in the category of above average skill. That said add in the fact the officer was just beaten and adrenaline was high I think it becomes more difficult.

 

I consider myself well above average, especially compared to a normal citizen, however under that amount of stress the officer was under, I'd be surprised at that distance if he didn't throw a few rounds. If all the shots were hits, I'd expect him to either been closer, within 10'yards or he's an experienced combat vet...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.