October 4, 201412 yr Wasn't Brown shot 6 times and not all were fatal shots. Not saying that it was 108 feet like suggested but I would think that even at that distance it would be possible to strike Brown with bullets the way he was struck. It's not like Wilson hit him with 6 shots directly in the chest.
October 4, 201412 yr I consider myself well above average, especially compared to a normal citizen, however under that amount of stress the officer was under, I'd be surprised at that distance if he didn't throw a few rounds. If all the shots were hits, I'd expect him to either been closer, within 10'yards or he's an experienced combat vet... I was going to ask about that. After being in an altercation wouldn't it be a pretty tough shot to score a couple of head shots on a moving target at over 100 feet? Especially one to the top of the head. I also don't think Brown would have already had his head like that from that far away. I find it hard to believe that he opened fire when he was that far away. I'd have to think they were much closer to each other than that.
October 4, 201412 yr Wasn't Brown shot 6 times and not all were fatal shots. Not saying that it was 108 feet like suggested but I would think that even at that distance it would be possible to strike Brown with bullets the way he was struck. It's not like Wilson hit him with 6 shots directly in the chest. Two of them were head shots on a moving target. And wasn't one of them supposed to have hit him in the top of the head?
October 4, 201412 yr Two of them were head shots on a moving target. And wasn't one of them supposed to have hit him in the top of the head? I can't remember it's been so long since I have read anything about this case. I need Horatio, Calleigh and Delko to sort this out for me. A one hour episode would be nice.
October 4, 201412 yr I was going to ask about that. After being in an altercation wouldn't it be a pretty tough shot to score a couple of head shots on a moving target at over 100 feet? Especially one to the top of the head. I also don't think Brown would have already had his head like that from that far away. I find it hard to believe that he opened fire when he was that far away. I'd have to think they were much closer to each other than that. That or he's a helluva marksman with unreal ability to stay calm and keep his breathing and heart rate under control. I'm skeptics of the 100+ foot shots
October 4, 201412 yr I'll wait until I hear it from a reliable source, the Daily Kos is extremely biased and extremely unreliable.
October 4, 201412 yr Author I'll wait until I hear it from a reliable source, the Daily Kos is extremely biased and extremely unreliable. You think they faked the pictures?
October 4, 201412 yr You think they faked the pictures?Refresh my memory, is there a picture of the casings location? I'm not saying they faked anything, just that I have zero trust in anything from the Daily Kos. That would be their fault, not mine.
October 4, 201412 yr Author Refresh my memory, is there a picture of the casings location? I'm not saying they faked anything, just that I have zero trust in anything from the Daily Kos. That would be their fault, not mine. Here's what is not in dispute. Chief said the entire incident took place within 35 feet of the car and shell casings were recovered. Pictures show it to not be close to 35 feet from the car. Implication of the chief is the casings were also within 35 feet of the car. Doesn't compute. If the casings were NOT in that 35 feet range then he's not correct on the distance and you wonder why that would be. If it was within 35 feet yet pictures show it's 100 feet then that's an issue that would need to be addressed. Agreed?
October 4, 201412 yr I wouldn't put a lot into exact location of the casings. Those things eject out and have a mind of their own, especially if they're hitting the pavement, then factor in possibility that some got kicked around by other people showing up on scene.
October 4, 201412 yr Here's what is not in dispute. Chief said the entire incident took place within 35 feet of the car and shell casings were recovered. Pictures show it to not be close to 35 feet from the car. Implication of the chief is the casings were also within 35 feet of the car. Doesn't compute. If the casings were NOT in that 35 feet range then he's not correct on the distance and you wonder why that would be. If it was within 35 feet yet pictures show it's 100 feet then that's an issue that would need to be addressed. Agreed? Agreed. But, where the casings actually were and how many shots were actually fired is extremely important. I have no idea if the Chief lied or made a mistake but I'm sure the truth will come out. Witnesses have proven time and time again to be unreliable in case after case. Wasn't it already proven he wan't shot from behind? That claim was made by witnesses. Also, don't you think under the stress the officer was under and the adrenaline in the situation that's a pretty big distance to hit a target that many times? Wasn't his eye socket fractured as well? If what the article says is true, that's some mighty fine shooting under pressure with an eye injury at that distance.
October 4, 201412 yr I wouldn't put a lot into exact location of the casings. Those things eject out and have a mind of their own, especially if they're hitting the pavement, then factor in possibility that some got kicked around by other people showing up on scene.If they're all near the car I'd think it would be telling that he didn't pursue him very far from the car.
October 4, 201412 yr Author Agreed. But, where the casings actually were and how many shots were actually fired is extremely important. I have no idea if the Chief lied or made a mistake but I'm sure the truth will come out. Witnesses have proven time and time again to be unreliable in case after case. Wasn't it already proven he wan't shot from behind? That claim was made by witnesses. Also, don't you think under the stress the officer was under and the adrenaline in the situation that's a pretty big distance to hit a target that many times? Wasn't his eye socket fractured as well? If what the article says is true, that's some mighty fine shooting under pressure with an eye injury at that distance. 100% agree on accuracies of witness accounts. Maybe Offc Wilson ran after him. Then we're back to wondering why the chief was so far off? Who told him it was 35 feet? Why? When there is a suspicion of wrong doing by an officer the police chief or spokesperson HAS to be accurate or it leads to even more suspicion - no different than you being suspicious of the Kos.
October 4, 201412 yr 100% agree on accuracies of witness accounts. Maybe Offc Wilson ran after him. Then we're back to wondering why the chief was so far off? Who told him it was 35 feet? Why? When there is a suspicion of wrong doing by an officer the police chief or spokesperson HAS to be accurate or it leads to even more suspicion - no different than you being suspicious of the Kos. Agreed. The ineptness in cases like this is mind boggling. Then again, in chaotic situations there are always discrepancies, I just hope no one is lying on the law enforcement side, people hate the police too much already, mostly for no good reason. It's very easy to be suspicious of the Kos, they are the MSNBC of political blogs, actually they're worse.
October 4, 201412 yr Author Agreed. The ineptness in cases like this is mind boggling. Then again, in chaotic situations there are always discrepancies, I just hope no one is lying on the law enforcement side, people hate the police too much already, mostly for no good reason. It's very easy to be suspicious of the Kos, they are the MSNBC of political blogs, actually they're worse. I get that but in this report, with the exception of location of casings, everything is pretty straight forward in laying out facts and history.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.