Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Brown Shooting: Does the Distance Matter?

Featured Replies

Do you think they doctored the photos?

 

Do you think Conservativetreehouse.com miscalculated?

I did not bother clicking the link. Propaganda is a poor substitute for journalism. I have never visited Conservativetreehouse.com.
  • Replies 74
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does the Chief stand to gain in a cover up? This is not an officer from his department. He stands to lose far more by covering something like this up (in the day of cell phones/videos EVERYWHERE) than he gains by covering it up. Can anyone give me a reason why? It's very likely he doesn't even know Officer Wilson...

Do you think they doctored the photos?

 

Do you think Conservativetreehouse.com miscalculated?

 

What you posted from Conservativetreehouse.com looked to me like random comments from users posted under an article. Is that what they were? If it is...what makes them reliable?

  • Author
What does the Chief stand to gain in a cover up? This is not an officer from his department. He stands to lose far more by covering something like this up (in the day of cell phones/videos EVERYWHERE) than he gains by covering it up. Can anyone give me a reason why? It's very likely he doesn't even know Officer Wilson...

 

 

Didn't say coverup. Said he was not close to being correct and THAT has fueled speculation . Why was he wrong? Did he get lied to before the presser?

  • Author
I did not bother clicking the link. Propaganda is a poor substitute for journalism. I have never visited Conservativetreehouse.com.

 

Then look at the link of the picture I posted. Picture is pretty clear it wasn't close to 35 feet.

 

Didn't say coverup. Said he was not close to being correct and THAT has fueled speculation . Why was he wrong? Did he get lied to before the presser?

 

You aren't even sure what he was specifically talking about....so you don't know what's right or wrong.

Then look at the link of the picture I posted. Picture is pretty clear it wasn't close to 35 feet.
I have seen pictures of the site. Like HB20 said, it would make no sense for the Chief to lie because the facts are the facts and they will become publicly available. The photo has been available for weeks. Where is the news here?

 

Didn't say coverup. Said he was not close to being correct and THAT has fueled speculation . Why was he wrong? Did he get lied to before the presser?

 

Btw you didn't say cover up, but did you read the title of the link you posted in this thread?

  • Author
You aren't even sure what he was specifically talking about....so you don't know what's right or wrong.

 

WHo is "he?"

 

I'm not sure why you and a few others are trying to muddy the obvious question being posed. Why was the stated "entire scene" so far off of reality? You and others say you don't "trust" sites that mislead you. People in Ferguson don't trust police. We now have police chief misstating (for whatever reason) what some perceive as a piece of info that helps paint a picture of what occurred.

 

You don't think that they might be a little dubious of claims made by the police?

  • Author
Btw you didn't say cover up, but did you read the title of the link you posted in this thread?

 

I don't write headlines. My posed question was very clear.

  • Author

I'm still waiting for HB20 and Rapp to answer the posed question: Does the reported distance vs the actual distance matter?

 

WHo is "he?"

 

I'm not sure why you and a few others are trying to muddy the obvious question being posed. Why was the stated "entire scene" so far off of reality? You and others say you don't "trust" sites that mislead you. People in Ferguson don't trust police. We now have police chief misstating (for whatever reason) what some perceive as a piece of info that helps paint a picture of what occurred.

 

You don't think that they might be a little dubious of claims made by the police?

 

The Chief...Who else?

 

You hear what you want to hear. "He" didn't just say the"entire scene" he said from the door to the shooting...snd didn't mention the body.

 

I'm not trying to muddy anything, I'm just not willing to jump in and assume he was trying to cover something up. I can wait for the facts to be revealed.

I'm still waiting for HB20 and Rapp to answer the posed question: Does the reported distance vs the actual distance matter?
The question makes no sense, so why should anybody waste their time answering it? The answer to the question depends on the answers to a series of questions, such as:

 

1. How badly was Officer Wilson injured?

 

2. In which direction and at what speed was the thug running?

 

3. Might Wilson have feared that he was losing consciousness when he decided to fire?

 

4. Might a reasonable person in Wilson's situation have feared for his life?

 

Ultimately, the only answer that matters is #4. Everything else is just random noise, or red herrings, if you prefer.

  • Author
The Chief...Who else?

 

You hear what you want to hear. "He" didn't just say the"entire scene" he said from the door to the shooting...snd didn't mention the body.

 

I'm not trying to muddy anything, I'm just not willing to jump in and assume he was trying to cover something up. I can wait for the facts to be revealed.

 

Go listen to the entire presser. At 6:00 he says the entire scene was 35 feet. He said "what I was trying to articulate was this wasn't a very big scene." Why would he say "entire" but then only mean "part?"

 

So, again, does the distance matter? If not, why?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.