Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Brown Shooting: Does the Distance Matter?

Featured Replies

 

Here's what is not in dispute. Chief said the entire incident took place within 35 feet of the car and shell casings were recovered. Pictures show it to not be close to 35 feet from the car. Implication of the chief is the casings were also within 35 feet of the car.

 

Doesn't compute. If the casings were NOT in that 35 feet range then he's not correct on the distance and you wonder why that would be. If it was within 35 feet yet pictures show it's 100 feet then that's an issue that would need to be addressed.

 

Agreed?

 

How can you or the clearly biased writer of the article confirm their measurements?

  • Replies 74
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
How can you or the biased writer of the article confirm their measurements?

 

I can't confirm that they are 108 feet. I can confirm they're not 35. Why? Visually and I've checked other sites as well including a "conservative" website that had the same measurements.

 

Why would a writer of any leaning put pictures out there and then intentionally misrepresent the distance when any schmo can disprove it?

I get that but in this report, with the exception of location of casings, everything is pretty straight forward in laying out facts and history.
But aren't the location of the casings a pretty big missing piece of the puzzle? Ask yourself why that wasn't mentioned in the article.
I can't confirm that they are 108 feet. I can confirm they're not 35. Why? Visually and I've checked other sites as well including a "conservative" website that had the same measurements.

 

Why would a writer of any leaning put pictures out there and then intentionally misrepresent the distance when any schmo can disprove it?

 

Why would a police officer lie about the distance when any schmo could disprove it?

 

It's pretty clear the writer of this has an agenda.

Why would a police officer lie about the distance when any schmo could disprove it?

 

It's pretty clear the writer of this has an agenda.

I wouldn't doubt that in the least. The Daily Kos is a joke, they always have an agenda.
  • Author
But aren't the location of the casings a pretty big missing piece of the puzzle? Ask yourself why that wasn't mentioned in the article.

 

I think so and it's fair to ask. However, as I said earlier the answer is somewhat irrelevant to the point that many in the neighborhood believe the police are lying. So if the casings were by the car or the casings were close to Brown there's some explaining to do on behalf of the presented stories.

  • Author
Why would a police officer lie about the distance when any schmo could disprove it?

 

It's pretty clear the writer of this has an agenda.

 

So look at the pictures and tell me where he's wrong.

  • Author

From a site called "Conservative Treehouse:"

 

conservalicious says:

August 29, 2014 at 3:34 am

I’m sure this has been asked before but I can’t find the answer… I have heard that the distance between Brown and Officer Wilson was about 35 feet. The distance shown on this map between the police truck and Brown is a lot further than 35 feet. Does this mean that Officer Wilson ran away from the truck in pursuit of Brown? I am just trying to get a feel for where Officer Wilson was when he fired the shots.

 

Like

Reply

sundance says:

August 29, 2014 at 4:04 am

It’s a great question. The distance from Wilson’s vehicle to Mike Brown’s body is around 100′. How close Wilson and Brown were at the end is and unknown variable.

So look at the pictures and tell me where he's wrong.

 

I watched the video. He says, "the entire scene from the car door to the shooting is approximately 35 feet". Sounds, at least to me, like he is talking about where the car is to where Officer Wilson fired his weapon. He didn't say 'the entire scene from the car door to the body is 35 feet".

Debating anything that appears in the Daily Kos is a colossal waste of time. It is not a credible news source, it has never been a credible news sourcce, and it will never be a credible news source. Undoubtedly, even far, far left wing bloggers occasionally stumble upon the truth, but so does a Magic 8 ball.

  • Author
I watched the video. He says, "the entire scene from the car door to the shooting is approximately 35 feet". Sounds, at least to me, like he is talking about where the car is to where Officer Wilson fired his weapon. He didn't say 'the entire scene from the car door to the body is 35 feet".

 

Listen to the entire interview. When questioned later by a reporter the chief said "the ENTIRE scene is 35 feet."

I think so and it's fair to ask. However, as I said earlier the answer is somewhat irrelevant to the point that many in the neighborhood believe the police are lying. So if the casings were by the car or the casings were close to Brown there's some explaining to do on behalf of the presented stories.
Sure, I think there is some explaining to do. As to what many in the neighborhood believe, lets face it, they've already shown they hate cops.
  • Author
Debating anything that appears in the Daily Kos is a colossal waste of time. It is not a credible news source, it has never been a credible news sourcce, and it will never be a credible news source. Undoubtedly, even far, far left wing bloggers occasionally stumble upon the truth, but so does a Magic 8 ball.

 

Red herring.

Red herring.
Posting a link to the Daily Kos is a red herring. There is nothing wrong in waiting for the facts of a case to emerge.
  • Author
Posting a link to the Daily Kos is a red herring. There is nothing wrong in waiting for the facts of a case to emerge.

 

Do you think they doctored the photos?

 

Do you think Conservativetreehouse.com miscalculated?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.