Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2014 Marshall County Hoopfest Link

Featured Replies

Schedule:

 

Several elite UK targets will play in this year’s Marshall County Hoop Fest, scheduled for December 4-6. Malik Newman headlines the list of 2015 stars that includes appearances from Cheick Diallo, Carlton Bragg and Derrick Jones.

Thon Maker, the No. 1 player in 2016, will also be in town to compete against Newman’s Callaway High School. Callaway will also come to the McCracken County Festival of Hoops later in the year.

 

Check out the full schedule below via the Herald-Leader’s Ben Roberts:

Marshall County Hoop Fest

Thursday, Dec. 4

4 p.m. – Marshall County vs. Massac (Ill.) girls

5:15 p.m. – Marshall County vs. Dyersburg (Tenn.)

6:30 p.m. – Sunrise Christian (Kan.) vs. Orangeville Prep (Can.)

7:45 p.m. – Graves County vs. Massac (Ill.)

Friday, Dec. 5

4 p.m. – Oak Hill (Va.) vs. White Station (Tenn.)

5:30 p.m. – Sunrise Christian (Kan.) vs. Quality Ed (N.C.)

7 p.m. – Callaway (Miss.) vs. Archbishop Carroll (Pa.)

8:30 p.m. – Huntington Prep (W.Va.) vs. Arsenal Tech (Ind.)

10:00 p.m. – Arlington Country Day (Fla.) vs. Carlisle School (Va.)

Saturday, Dec. 6

9 a.m. – Marshall County vs. Madisonville North Hopkins girls

10:30 a.m. – Marshall County vs. Owensboro

Noon – Hopkinsville vs. Lausanne (Tenn.)

1:30 p.m. – McCracken County vs. Lincoln County

3 p.m. – Christ Presbyterian (Tenn.) vs. La Lumiere (Ind.)

4:30 p.m. – Archbishop Carroll (Pa.) vs. Villa Angela-St. Joseph (Ohio)

6 p.m. – Oak Hill (Va.) vs. Our Savior (N.Y.)

7:30 p.m. – Huntington Prep (W.Va.) vs. Arlington Country Day (Fla.)

9 p.m. – Orangeville Prep (Can.) vs. Callaway (Miss.)

Cool to see Lincoln County playing in this, although I wish they were playing an out-of-state team.

I'm pumped about it. I love the Hoopfest. One of my favorite weekends of the year. I have so many good Hoopfest stories.

Cool to see Lincoln County playing in this, although I wish they were playing an out-of-state team.

 

 

That should still be a good matchup with defending region champ McCracken County.

That should still be a good matchup with defending region champ McCracken County.

 

True. And McCracken might as well be "out-of-state" considering there are teams in about three states closer to Lincoln than McCracken is!

Cool to see Lincoln County playing in this, although I wish they were playing an out-of-state team.

 

I wish there were more Kentucky teams in it. I've always wanted to go, but I don't care too much about watching a pair of out of state teams play each other (even if they are some of the best in the country).

 

The Lincoln vs. McCracken game is the most exciting to me on the whole slate.

I wish there were more Kentucky teams in it. I've always wanted to go, but I don't care too much about watching a pair of out of state teams play each other (even if they are some of the best in the country).

 

The Lincoln vs. McCracken game is the most exciting to me on the whole slate.

 

It's worth it. They play big time basketball at the Hoopfest and it's a great atmosphere. Plus, you can stay at the Benton Inn and eat deep fried Oreos.

Anyone planning on going this weekend? I will be there for a few of the games. Lots of nationally ranked teams in this one.

 

#2 - Oak Hill

#5 - La Lumiere

#6 - Huntington St. Josephs Prep

#9 - Arlington Country Day

#15 - Our Savior New American

#17 - ArchBishop Carroll

 

Other top 100 teams Nationally

 

Arsenal Tech - In

Christ Presbyterian - Nashville

Quality Education Academy -

Carlisle Academy

Villa Angela-St. Joseph

 

Little surprised Trinity and/or Ballard aren't in this. (I know Ballard plays in WV against the No.1 team)

I'll be there Friday and Saturday.

I wish there were more Kentucky teams in it. I've always wanted to go, but I don't care too much about watching a pair of out of state teams play each other (even if they are some of the best in the country).

 

The Lincoln vs. McCracken game is the most exciting to me on the whole slate.

 

There are 6 Kentucky boy's teams in it this season. That's not bad.

Anyone planning on going this weekend? I will be there for a few of the games. Lots of nationally ranked teams in this one.

 

#2 - Oak Hill

#5 - La Lumiere

#6 - Huntington St. Josephs Prep

#9 - Arlington Country Day

#15 - Our Savior New American

#17 - ArchBishop Carroll

 

Other top 100 teams Nationally

 

Arsenal Tech - In

Christ Presbyterian - Nashville

Quality Education Academy -

Carlisle Academy

Villa Angela-St. Joseph

 

Little surprised Trinity and/or Ballard aren't in this. (I know Ballard plays in WV against the No.1 team)

 

Even if they were, they would not be allowed to play many if not most of the teams you have listed above per KHSAA by laws. Would essentially have to play in state comp, and they can do that with going all the way down to Marshall County to do it.

Even if they were, they would not be allowed to play many if not most of the teams you have listed above per KHSAA by laws. Would essentially have to play in state comp, and they can do that with going all the way down to Marshall County to do it.

 

 

I didn't know there were by laws against that. What is it exactly?

KHSAA rules state Kentucky schools (in any sport) must play a school that is a member of their state's athletic association. It's why you don't see Oak Hill playing Kentucky schools anymore

I didn't know there were by laws against that. What is it exactly?
as scribe mentioned.

 

And I may add, yet another ridiculous rule by the KHSAA.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.