Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport/Scott Predictions

Scott vs. Newport 30 members have voted

  1. 1. Scott vs. Newport

    • Scott (2-0)
      56%
    • Newport (1-1)
      43%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Is Johnson in good enough shape to play a whole game yet? Or are the Wildcats still subbing for him regularly? Great talent. If he lost 30 pounds, he would be unstoppable.

 

Johnson does take plays off but when he wants to be he is unblockable and Scott doesn't have anyone that can block him. Johnson causes lots of trouble up the middle so I don't think Scotts direct snap to the fullback will have much success against Newport

 

I've watched film from the Walton game, and Walton's line is not huge and handled Johnson pretty well. He had a few tackles, but on about 1/3 of the plays, didn't even come off the ball, and just stood and watched. I agree he can be unblockable. But when he takes off a whole series, it doesn't matter who is in front of him.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He plays both ways so he does not play every snap.

 

He does? I thought he was defense only.

I've watched film from the Walton game, and Walton's line is not huge and handled Johnson pretty well. He had a few tackles, but on about 1/3 of the plays, didn't even come off the ball, and just stood and watched. I agree he can be unblockable. But when he takes off a whole series, it doesn't matter who is in front of him.

I think he played pretty well coming off a lower lumbar sprain .. IMO

I think the Eagles win; should be close though.

 

Agreed, think Scott wins in a very tight game. This should be a great game to watch, but I can't be in two places at once. Good luck to both teams.

Newport 28 Scott 26

This game is intriguing but I'm going with Scott here.

 

Scott 21

Newport 20

Scott has some real good football players. Pleasant has 5 carries 167 yards 2 tds London has 26 carries 224 yards 3 tds.

Newport shocks the Eagles and gets a close win

I think Scott will win.They have Roberto London who i belive will have a super big game comming off 26 carries at 285 yards an 4 t d.I think pleaseant an qb will also come ready to play.To me alot of people an teams an coachs an press just want respect Scott.I want everybody to key in on Scott football team

I think this is the game that I attend this week since I no longer have a dog in any of the fights. IMO Newport was the most improved team from the first game to the season's end last year. Scott was very one dimensional last year (haven't seen them yet this year). I'll take Newport in a low scoring game. 14-12

I think this is the game that I attend this week since I no longer have a dog in any of the fights. IMO Newport was the most improved team from the first game to the season's end last year. Scott was very one dimensional last year (haven't seen them yet this year). I'll take Newport in a low scoring game. 14-12

 

I just can't see this being a low scoring game. Scott will run the ball, run the ball often and have two explosive backs which are both capable of making a big play anytime. And they have the ability to hit the long pass. Also, Scott's defense, while only having given up 1 score this year, has struggled at times against the pass, but have done a good job stopping the run. Will not be surprised if Newport hits a big play or two of their own. I think both teams will score in the 20's and it will come down to whoever can force turnovers and create more possessions.

I just can't see this being a low scoring game. Scott will run the ball, run the ball often and have two explosive backs which are both capable of making a big play anytime. And they have the ability to hit the long pass. Also, Scott's defense, while only having given up 1 score this year, has struggled at times against the pass, but have done a good job stopping the run. Will not be surprised if Newport hits a big play or two of their own. I think both teams will score in the 20's and it will come down to whoever can force turnovers and create more possessions.

 

Thanks for the insight. I haven't seen either team play yet this year. I was just going off of past history. This game and CC/Cooper game looks to be the game of the week in NKY. Looking forward to some great football.

  • Author

I will say this, IF Newport can contain the run and force Scott to go to the air it could get lucky. The Scott QB is not much of a passer as he just kinda throws it up in hopes someone catches it. My final thoughts on this one

I will say this, IF Newport can contain the run and force Scott to go to the air it could get lucky. The Scott QB is not much of a passer as he just kinda throws it up in hopes someone catches it. My final thoughts on this one

 

I'm not going to say the QB is a star. But, for the season, he's 9-14 for 161 yards with 3td's and 1 pick. He's not just chucking it up there and hoping someone will catch it. He's really only thrown 2 bad passes this year, one was the pick, another he just overthrew. And there have been at least 3 drops where the ball was right where it was supposed to be. He's not just chucking it up and saying a prayer.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.