Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green / Owensboro Predictions

Bowling Green at Owensboro 27 members have voted

  1. 1. Bowling Green at Owensboro

    • Bowling Green (3-0)
      96%
    • Owensboro (3-0)
      3%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Purples coming off another huge win. Could the Purples be overlooking the Red Devils? Give us your thoughts and predictions.

Purples coming off another huge win. Could the Purples be overlooking the Red Devils? Give us your thoughts and predictions.

 

Lots of experience for OHS this year. Team went to 4A semi's. QB is back, a stable of RB's are back, some huge strong lineman this year. OHS had over 300 yards rushing against Owensboro Catholic AT the HALF...finished with 460 yds rushing in the veer option. QB throws a great deep ball. I'm not sure how many play both ways, it doesn't seem like many. The CB's are athletic and I don't think play offense...some of the RB's sub in an out at the safety spots. I am completely not sure on the defensive line. Owensboro has speed all over, but that is negated when we play W. Central or BG, as they have the same level of athletes. I'd like to think OHS will be competitive, but I have no idea what BG has this year. They are always solid defensively, and a wide open offense. OHS will need to grind the game on the ground and stay close if they expect to win. That said, BG should be favored by 2 to 3 TD's. I hope I'm wrong! My heart says OHS will be ready at home.

If the Purples keep improving week to week like they have been doing since their scrimmage with Manual, the Purples will once again overcome the traumatic experience of playing at the Dungeon! Sic 'em, Purple!!!:thumb:

I think that Bowling Green wins easily. These two schools have played 8 times since 2007 after the series took a break for a couple of years. Bowling Green has won 7 of those 8 games by an average score of 35.6 to 14.1. The combined scores over the last 3 years are BG 134 to 10. The streak will continue.

If it's at Owensboro, the refs will be a factor. I'll still take BG 38-10. But won't be surprised if it's a closer game because of how the game is called.

BG the last 3 years has been amazing. Here are scores recently:

 

2007 BG 35-13 (playoffs state semi's?)

2008 OHS 28-21 (playoffs 2nd round)

2009 BG 26-21

2009 BG 25-21 (playoffs 2nd round)

2010 BG 44-20

2011 BG 62-0

2012 BG 31-3

2013 BG 41-7

2014 @ Owensboro

Edited by Brown

Bowling Green 35-14.

These two teams have played 72 times since 1932 with the Devils ahead in the series 38-32-2 but BG has owned the Devils 21-7 since 1987. The streak continues.

These two teams have played 72 times since 1932 with the Devils ahead in the series 38-32-2 but BG has owned the Devils 21-7 since 1987. The streak continues.

 

BG and Owensboro didn't play at all from 2001-2006. OHS won 3 in a row with the 1999-2000 teams, then the 2001-06 period where they didn't play. There have been 8 games since that point, with 5 of those being at Bowling Green As you can tell from the scores above OHS won in 2008 @ BG and lost 2 close ones in 2009, both @ BG. BG has been great 2010-now, OHS not so much.

 

I think it will be a good game, but BG should win pretty easily

I think BG wins, but closer than the experts predict.

 

Purples - 20

Red Devils - 13

I think BG wins, but closer than the experts predict.

 

Purples - 20

Red Devils - 13

 

LTR, I'm with you. I'm cautious anyway, but for High School this is as much of a Trap Game as BG will have all season. They played a good Lex Cath team on the road Week 2; Squeaked out a win over a very tough X squad; Now they travel and play a solid team that has nothing to lose and would LOVE to beat them. With McCallie the following week. I feel a let down coming. BG wins, but not by as much as the paper pushers would think.

BG is going to blow the doors off. At least a 4 TD victory.

  • Author

Purples offense sputters a little bit. Defense does their thing. 27~6 Purples.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.