Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 2 Boone County 1 (Boys)

Featured Replies

Are you sure this was start of 2013 season? I don't recall any this year or last for CCH. But I do recall at least one in 2012.

 

Chris Norris... guess who they were playing... Scott.

  • Replies 118
  • Views 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said I looked at it quickly, so I certainly am not attesting to the accuracy, but it is close enough four the discussion. :)

 

I went back and looked and Cov. Cath had 1. The other one 1 looked at wrong was 1 from Cov. Latin. My bad.

 

Again....CCH has an assistant coach receive one......that was it.

Chris Norris... guess who they were playing... Scott.

 

That's right, I was there. Right about the time a Scott player punched a CCH player I think. The Scott player was sent off, I think one of 3 or 4 red cards for him last year.

Again....CCH has an assistant coach receive one......that was it.

 

You are right. Again I did it quickly so some of those reds could have been against coaches; however, none of Scott's or Boone's were on the coaches. All were on players.

That's right, I was there. Right about the time a Scott player punched a CCH player I think. The Scott player was sent off, I think one of 3 or 4 red cards for him last year.

 

Wasn't this that game that the red was in a varsity game and the kid suited up in the JV tourney the next day (drawing a 2nd red)?

 

If this were a college it would be termed - "lack of instituational control".

Wasn't this that game that the red was in a varsity game and the kid suited up in the JV tourney the next day (drawing a 2nd red)?

 

If this were a college it would be termed - "lack of instituational control".

 

That's right. The inmates run the asylum over there.

Wasn't this that game that the red was in a varsity game and the kid suited up in the JV tourney the next day (drawing a 2nd red)?

 

If this were a college it would be termed - "lack of instituational control".

 

Just so we are not accused or misrepresenting what happened, it was 2 days later, but yes Oldbird that is the kid.

 

I think this one is on the coaching staff at Scott, I am not sure they should have permitted him to play in the JV tourney... just because there is a loophole in the rules, it does not mean that you use it to your advantage. I do not understand how the Scott coaching staff did not face some sort of sanctions for allowing him to play in the JV tourney.

Having just returned from a club game where this 7 red card fiasco was widely discussed, I'd have to agree that I'd like to see both of them removed from CCH's schedule. Nothing to be gained from the game other than injury.

 

When I said that coaches should remove these 2 from their schedules Cov. Cath. was the main team I was thinking about. Kenney, Day, Lily, Ballow and company have way more to loose in a matchup versus these teams than they do to gain.

 

My son as well as several others in the current starting line up have never received a red card before. There is likely no direct correlation between red cards issued and injury. My oldest son was seriously injured in a game by a CCH player his sophomore year and no card was issued for the foul. There are several quality players at Scott and they do not deserve these generalizations.

Edited by hoops5
Rule 2 and Rule 14

My son as well as several others in the current starting line up have never received a red card before. There is likely no direct correlation between red cards issued and injury. My oldest son was seriously injured in a game by a CCH player his sophomore year and no card was issued for the foul. There are several quality players at Scott and they do not deserve these generalizations.

 

And lets not say there's a problem with institutional control. There's only been one other player ejection for Scott for all the other sports combined (as well as one coach) in the last 2 years. There have been zero other ejections at Boone County. This is strictly a soccer issue.

And lets not say there's a problem with institutional control. There's only been one other player ejection for Scott for all the other sports combined (as well as one coach) in the last 2 years. There have been zero other ejections at Boone County. This is strictly a soccer issue.

 

Right.

 

Concerned parents, students say Scott High School is headed for the worst - Story

I am curious to see if any of them get more than a 2 game ban, I think this is where the report from the CR comes into play.

 

You are correct. The State can enforce a longer suspension, but from what it sounds like I doubt it. Just my opinion though.

Having just returned from a club game where this 7 red card fiasco was widely discussed, I'd have to agree that I'd like to see both of them removed from CCH's schedule. Nothing to be gained from the game other than injury.

I think there are other schools who would agree with you, groinpull. An injury to a talented player could actually affect his future, in terms of scholarships etc...

 

This was mentioned on this site when the story broke. And for the most part this is a piece of shoddy reporting. Aside from the test scores, the rest of this was a small group of parents with an axe to grind against certain members of the administration, and not a reflection of the majority of the population. The fact that a news team was there at that meeting, tells you someone told the to come, as I don't think it's commonplace for newstations to attend schoolboard meetings. And no other news organization found this story worthy of reporting. And in regards to the test scores, those happened to improve significantly over the last year, and of course that piece never got reported. Scott is no different than any other school....sure there are a few bad apples, but the majority of the students are good kids. Scott High School has served my children well. I can't argue or defend the number of ejections the soccer team has incurred. It's absolutely true, and it's embarrassing. Again, this is a soccer issue. There is no other evidence that points to a school wide problem.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.