Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 2 Boone County 1 (Boys)

Featured Replies

I know Chance Patterson and Devin Morgan scored the goals for Scott. Unsure of who scored for BC.

 

But I do remember ScottEagle saying Mr.Morgan was not fast. I tell you what he looked to be as fast if not faster than everyone out there. He made a few defenders look silly. I tell you what this Scott team is special.

  • Replies 118
  • Views 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I did forget to mention that there was a ridiculous amount of cards given tonight. Many of which were unnecessary. Treadway was given a red as well as both BC goal keepers. I think it's time for whoever is in charge of the officials to set a strict guideline as to when it is acceptable and when it is not acceptable to give out a card. I may be biased but in my opinion, Treadway is targeted by many officials. I feel like the littlest thing he does is called and many times he is given a card for it. Tonight I'm not even sure what he did. But it was a straight red.

Let me first say... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo! to the score. I am a Boone fan, unabashed. I had high hopes. I'll wait for my contingent to get home and give me their perspective.

 

I think red cards sometimes happen because of what a kid says and the crowd can't hear it.

 

I think red cards sometimes happen because of what a kid says and the crowd can't hear it.

 

As one who has officiated a few sports I can tell you that you are correct.

I am hearing that multiple field players received Reds... any truth to this?

Straight red and your not sure he did anything usually means language.:no: It's in the pregame meeting, language and taunting are straight red.

The ref let the game get out of control way to early in the game. Not even 10 minutes in the game a Boone county player received a red and there were many more to be followed. In the end 4 Boone county players and two Scott players were given red cards and the yellows received had to be close to if not double digits. The red card for Treadway was due to a Boone county player kicking the ball while Morgan was on the ground into Morgans face, Treadway then pushed the player while the ref was under the impression that there was a punch. And as far as ScottEagles comment on Morgan being slow and not being one of the quality players for Scott he was the difference tonight and showed his speed and importance of his role. Game ended 2 to 1 Scott. I hope I never have to watch a game get that out of control again.

Two red cards issued to Scott players and 3 or 4 red cards issued to Boone players....honestly I couldn't keep up with all the cards issued in this game. I do not believe either team should be happy with the way this game went.

The ref let the game get out of control way to early in the game. Not even 10 minutes in the game a Boone county player received a red and there were many more to be followed. In the end 4 Boone county players and two Scott players were given red cards and the yellows received had to be close to if not double digits. The red card for Treadway was due to a Boone county player kicking the ball while Morgan was on the ground into Morgans face, Treadway then pushed the player while the ref was under the impression that there was a punch. And as far as ScottEagles comment on Morgan being slow and not being one of the quality players for Scott he was the difference tonight and showed his speed and importance of his role. Game ended 2 to 1 Scott. I hope I never have to watch a game get that out of control again.

 

Are you saying the ref should have called it tight earlier?

  • Author

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the reds overturned by an appeal.

I know Chance Patterson and Devin Morgan scored the goals for Scott. Unsure of who scored for BC.

 

But I do remember ScottEagle saying Mr.Morgan was not fast. I tell you what he looked to be as fast if not faster than everyone out there. He made a few defenders look silly. I tell you what this Scott team is special.

 

Goal for Boone county was scored by Brett Mayberry with an assist from Lucas Wheeler

So the cards were not keeping the players in control what should the center have done. Boone seems to have a knack for getting a lot of cards and their fair share of them being red. Time is coming for accumulating yellows.

Listen, my contingent came home and no one is happy with what happened. I was not there so I really cannot begin to frame it in a way that will seem fair to Scott. According to the twitter feed at Boone Co sports there were about 14 yellow and red cards. Boone was assessed the first at about the 5 min. mark of the first half and played down a man for the rest of the game. I am not sure how many Scott players got red cards but by the end of the game Boone was down two or three players more than Scott. Elbows were flying. Fists were flying. Foul language was flying. Boone ended the game with 6 players left on the field. I don't know if the red cards were legitimate or not.

 

Ugly game and both sides were at fault.

I would be very surprised if any are overturned. There is no appeal

So the cards were not keeping the players in control what should the center have done. Boone seems to have a knack for getting a lot of cards and their fair share of them being red. Time is coming for accumulating yellows.

 

IMO when cards are issued without justification they do nothing to help control a game in fact they destroy it which is what happened tonight.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.