Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 2 Boone County 1 (Boys)

Featured Replies

One positive result of this ......another BGP Soccer blogger.........welcome to the game 01

 

They are coming in droves...

We need them all if we are going to take down Softball!:lol2:

  • Replies 118
  • Views 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need them all if we are going to take down Softball!:lol2:

 

We have Big Mo on our side... resistance is futile!!!

It has been bantered around several times about a cumulative yellow card rule for a player who is a repeat violator. Has anybody heard of a cumulative red card rule for the team. It works like this... if a team goes over a certain number of red cards for a season the team is banned from the post season. Is this true?

 

BTW, after talking to both my wife who was in the stands and my son who was on the field, the details I shared in post #30 concerning the free kick and subsequent red card pretty much happened as stated.

It has been bantered around several times about a cumulative yellow card rule for a player who is a repeat violator. Has anybody heard of a cumulative red card rule for the team. It works like this... if a team goes over a certain number of red cards for a season the team is banned from the post season. Is this true?

 

BTW, after talking to both my wife who was in the stands and my son who was on the field, the details I shared in post #30 concerning the free kick and subsequent red card pretty much happened as stated.

 

And you are completely initialed to your belief as I was on field level and my son was on the field and I stick by what I saw....so I will agree to disagree with you and vice versa. :)

Edited by True blue (and gold)
rule 13

Less than 4 or 5 minutes into the game jawing began between players and some rough housing. A ref showing full control of a game out of the gate would have called both teams together and made a firm statement that he was not going to listen to the jawing or put up with any misconduct and let's have a good clean hard fought game. I've seen it numerous times in several sports and it sets the tone of the game and warns the players that he's not going to put up with anything.

Just curious, what's the CR's name? Do you mean to tell me that you can name the players with cards, post them on a state reported website, but can't say the name of an adult ref??? That seems odd to me.

Less than 4 or 5 minutes into the game jawing began between players and some rough housing. A ref showing full control of a game out of the gate would have called both teams together and made a firm statement that he was not going to listen to the jawing or put up with any misconduct and let's have a good clean hard fought game. I've seen it numerous times in several sports and it sets the tone of the game and warns the players that he's not going to put up with anything.

Just curious, what's the CR's name? Do you mean to tell me that you can name the players with cards, post them on a state reported website, but can't say the name of an adult ref??? That seems odd to me.

 

You really don't understand why the people who are regularly vilified and criticized by complete stranger would want to remain anonymous? E

 

Let me ask you. How quickly would you be able to google said persons name and find out personal info about them? Especially when you could then publicize that information and remain completely anonymous yourself. Think a little bit.

 

As I recall the ref gave the first red around the same time as you say things started heating up? Does that not equate to the same message you wanted to see given?

It is not a surprise that a game between these two would devolve into this. Highly predictable. If I were a coach I think I would look elsewhere for a game rather than play either - from players to parents to lack of control by the coaches and administration it is that bad.

It is not a surprise that a game between these two would devolve into this. Highly predictable. If I were a coach I think I would look elsewhere for a game rather than play either - from players to parents to lack of control by the coaches and administration it is that bad.

 

Hard not to agree with this post if you look at what has gone on the past two seasons.

Hard not to agree with this post if you look at what has gone on the past two seasons.

 

Red cards do not tell the entire story, because red cards can be issued for many things; however, just a quick look at the DQ list and red cards issued since the start of the 2013 season.

 

 

Scott: 10

Boone: 7

Conner: 3

Simon Kenton: 3

Cooper: 2

Dixie: 2

Cov. Cath: 2

Brossart: 1

Highlands: 1

Villla: 1

Campbell: 1

NCC: 0

Ryle: 0

St. Henry: 0

Holy Cross: 0

Holmes: 0

 

I am sure I forgot someone, but anyway you cut it they have more than the others and that was true even before the ones the other night were issued.

Having just returned from a club game where this 7 red card fiasco was widely discussed, I'd have to agree that I'd like to see both of them removed from CCH's schedule. Nothing to be gained from the game other than injury.

Having just returned from a club game where this 7 red card fiasco was widely discussed, I'd have to agree that I'd like to see both of them removed from CCH's schedule. Nothing to be gained from the game other than injury.

 

When I said that coaches should remove these 2 from their schedules Cov. Cath. was the main team I was thinking about. Kenney, Day, Lily, Ballow and company have way more to loose in a matchup versus these teams than they do to gain.

Edited by hoops5
Rule 2

Red cards do not tell the entire story, because red cards can be issued for many things; however, just a quick look at the DQ list and red cards issued since the start of the 2013 season.

 

 

Scott: 10

Boone: 7

Conner: 3

Simon Kenton: 3

Cooper: 2

Dixie: 2

Cov. Cath: 2

Brossart: 1

Highlands: 1

Villla: 1

Campbell: 1

NCC: 0

Ryle: 0

St. Henry: 0

Holy Cross: 0

Holmes: 0

 

I am sure I forgot someone, but anyway you cut it they have more than the others and that was true even before the ones the other night were issued.

 

Are you sure this was start of 2013 season? I don't recall any this year or last for CCH. But I do recall at least one in 2012.

Are you sure this was start of 2013 season? I don't recall any this year or last for CCH. But I do recall at least one in 2012.

 

Like I said I looked at it quickly, so I certainly am not attesting to the accuracy, but it is close enough four the discussion. :)

 

I went back and looked and Cov. Cath had 1. The other one 1 looked at wrong was 1 from Cov. Latin. My bad.

There was a red for an assistant coach last year at CCH....

 

An assistant was sent off for CCH last year but I don't recall a player sent off but could be wrong.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.