Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 2 Boone County 1 (Boys)

Featured Replies

Listen, my contingent came home and no one is happy with what happened. I was not there so I really cannot begin to frame it in a way that will seem fair to Scott. According to the twitter feed at Boone Co sports there were about 14 yellow and red cards. Boone was assessed the first at about the 5 min. mark of the first half and played down a man for the rest of the game. I am not sure how many Scott players got red cards but by the end of the game Boone was down two or three players more than Scott. Elbows were flying. Fists were flying. Foul language was flying. Boone ended the game with 6 players left on the field. I don't know if they were legitimate or not.

 

Ugly game and both sides were at fault.

 

 

Usually when we hear that an official let a game get out of control it means they didn't call enough penalties/whistles early to set the tone.

 

From your post I would ask how many more cards should have been called. Sounds like players just simply failed to heed/care.

  • Replies 118
  • Views 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO when cards are issued without justification they do nothing to help control a game in fact they destroy it which is what happened tonight.

 

If you're not on the field how do you know whether they are justified or not?

IMO when cards are issued without justification they do nothing to help control a game in fact they destroy it which is what happened tonight.

Or maybe the players, captains, and COACHES can decide to play soccer instead of rugby.

If you're not on the field how do you know whether they are justified or not?

You don't know if I was on the field or not.....were you even at the game??

You don't know if I was on the field or not.....were you even at the game??

 

Fair point. However, my experience says that even if you are a player on the field you don't have a good grasp of what's worthy of a penalty. And if you're a coach you're not not the field so..I feel pretty confident that you can't say with any authority whether they were warranted.

 

It's obvious by my questions/posts that I was not at the game.

Wasn't there but if Boone ended the game with 6 players on the field (meaning 5 ejections) then I would hope that someone at the school or at the state level looks into what is going on with that coach/program. Did the ref have a quick trigger? Maybe, but 5 ejections in a game is unheard of in my experience. Maybe one of the refs out there could point us in the direction of the report that is filed on these games by the refs.

Wasn't there but if Boone ended the game with 6 players on the field (meaning 5 ejections) then I would hope that someone at the school or at the state level looks into what is going on with that coach/program. Did the ref have a quick trigger? Maybe, but 5 ejections in a game is unheard of in my experience. Maybe one of the refs out there could point us in the direction of the report that is filed on these games by the refs.

 

For the life of me, I cannot imagine a match getting to this point. I would sure think that someone is making some phone calls, or digging into some details today. This is not the first time that a Boone match has gotten out of hand over the past couple years but this one does sound like it was worse than the others.

Having watched these two teams in action many times, I am not surprised about the red and yellow cards, I am more surprised at the "outrage" expressed about them.

Having watched these two teams in action many times, I am not surprised about the red and yellow cards, I am more surprised at the "outrage" expressed about them.

 

I wouldn't say I was surprised either but the sheer number of cards given is really extraordinary and merits investigation. I'd be interested to know if there are records kept of red/yellow cards give by team and see the totals of area teams over the last couple of years.

Although I predicted the score :) I didn't get a chance to watch it. Definitely sounds like it got out of control whether it was the ref or hot head kids. Not bashing either school but both have some hot heads on their squad. As a coach, you should know your players well enough to recognize when kids are getting out of control or chippy with another player. At that point you pull him aside or pull him off the field and set him straight. Doesn't like it or doesn't get it? Watch the game from the bench. Period. Not bashing Scott but they had some issues with the numerous cards last year. Dhalian is a good coach and he has a good squad. If he wants to take this team somewhere it's time to set the tone for that team.

  • Author
Straight red and your not sure he did anything usually means language.:no: It's in the pregame meeting, language and taunting are straight red.

 

I'm hearing this morning that Treadway threw an alleged punch while trying to break up a confrontation between 2 players.

I'm hearing this morning that Treadway threw an alleged punch while trying to break up a confrontation between 2 players.

 

"Striking" I believe, is the red-card offense... it doesn't have to be a punch. Refs will correct me if I'm mistaken.

We played pretty good in this one. Boone was doing lots of hacking and trying to get us out of our game I think. When we lost Treadway I thought we were doomed but it was good to see a couple players score who don't normally so hats off to them. Sorry if the Mexican people were offended by my comments because I was not trying to offend them.

The number of red cards indicates to me that there was dirty play going all around and then retaliation by the boys. The first Boone red card came at 5 min mark and the kid was on the bench. He had just got a yellow and was sent out of game. From the bench he must have said something that deserved a red card. Indicates to me that the ref may have missed some previous stuff and penalized one player. That does not excuse the kid's behavior. He was in the wrong. You just don't argue with the ref.

 

This is what usually happens when a game gets out of control. Lots of stuff is missed and then boys retaliate. I was not at the game but my family was. I can't present an objective picture of what occurred because I only know it from my family's perspective. I do know that when my wife was walking out a Scott parent said, "I am really embarrassed by my team (meaning Scott)." Another Scott parent had her son on the sideline and was chewing him out and he was in tears. It wasn't just a Boone thing. Both sides were at fault and share equally in what occurred. The fans could not keep up with all the cards and all the violence. Deliberate elbows being thrown when refs not looking and some punches. My kid received a head-butt. And another time went down hard as the result of rough play (read that as not within the bounds of the rules). He said that one Scott player did apologize to him for the cheap shot later in the game. BTW, my son has never received a yellow card. So don't characterize "Boone" as the bad guys here. Plenty to go around. I do know the Boone coach is furious and will levy some punishments to certain boys, maybe even suspending them from play beyond the red card violation. Getting a red card only hurts your team, not only in the present game but for two games to come. Boone was already down their top striker and one of their starting defenders could not play due to injury, now they will be sitting X number of boys for two games. St. Henry sure will benefit.

 

Now, what happened when Treadway was given a card? The sequence went like this. Scott player was called for an infraction. Boone was awarded a free kick. Boone player tried to take the free kick. Scott player had the ball between his legs and wouldn't move. Boone player waited and still Scott player stood there with the ball. My understanding is that on a free kick the offending team has to back away from the ball 10 (?) feet. Scott player continued to stand over the ball so Boone player took the kick aiming for ball and leg, I imagine. Scott player went down. Boone player moved ball aside to take his free kick. Scott player rolled over in front of ball trying to prevent the free kick. Boone player kicked ball hard into Scott player's face. That attracted the attention of players from both teams. Scott player given a yellow card. Treadway registered his disapproval with the ref and this resulted in his red card. I don't know if he pushed/punched the Boone player or not but he was jawing with the ref. The Boone player did not get called for an infraction.

 

I think everyone involved should be embarrassed. It wasn't just a Boone thing. To be honest, I am getting tired of hearing that. I've been at plenty of games to know that the Boone players often are to blame, but so is the other team, and frequently the refs are to blame for lousy calls.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.