Mike Brown on Dalton Contract

Bengals want to pay Dalton like Kaepernick | ProFootballTalk

The Bengals would jump at the Kaepernick deal. Not much guaranteed and he has to perform to max it. I still can't believe Kaepernick signed this.

I would sign Dalton to this deal in a New York minute if I were the Bengals. I don't believe Dalton will. His agent has to be wanting guaranteed money greater than this.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengals want to pay Dalton like Kaepernick | ProFootballTalk

The Bengals would jump at the Kaepernick deal. Not much guaranteed and he has to perform to max it. I still can't believe Kaepernick signed this.

I would sign Dalton to this deal in a New York minute if I were the Bengals. I don't believe Dalton will. His agent has to be wanting guaranteed money greater than this.

I am hoping Dalton gambles and doesn't sign it and plays out this year on his current contract and hopes to hit the lottery like Flacco and Ryan did. That way if he is a bust again then we can say goodbye to him and if he isn't a bust and takes us to the promised land then everyone is happy.

I wouldn't sign him until after this season personally. Let's see how he performs with his future at stake.

That may be a tad bit of an over-statement. He was a 2nd round pick and has had one of the top 3 first three years in NFL history. Bust might be stretching it a bit.

Inability to win the big one? Fair and accurate. Bust? Come on, HB.....

Not even close to being a bust, particularly with the improvement each year. In fact it could be argued he's played well above his draft slot.

Any team would love to have their QB sign the Kaepernick deal. Dalton signs it' date=' performs poorly this year, they can say "cya" without losing much at all. Dalton is too smart to sign that kinda deal though.[/quote']

You call it too smart, we call it he knows he isn't good enough to sign it. Dude is gonna grab every last penny before he gets the boot and I don't blame him from a business perspective.