July 7, 201412 yr I think this just underscores how weak the options are at 3B behind Frazier. Not sure what it would take, but if you're Walt you've gotta a least make the call to Miami, right?
July 7, 201412 yr It's quite evident that all of us posting in this thread are superior to the 8th batter. Fixed.
July 7, 201412 yr Author It's clear they are trying to do everything from keeping Voto off the DL before the All Star break... Stupid
July 7, 201412 yr It's clear they are trying to do everything from keeping Voto off the DL before the All Star break... Stupid Agreed. Just DL him retro to when he last played, and use the break to your advantage.
July 7, 201412 yr I think this just underscores how weak the options are at 3B behind Frazier. Not sure what it would take, but if you're Walt you've gotta a least make the call to Miami, right? Who are we calling Miami about?
July 7, 201412 yr And in typical Reds fashion the Reds will play one man short for 5 or 6 games. They're already playing a man short ain't they? I thought they were one heavy in the pen and one short on the bench right now.
July 7, 201412 yr Who are we calling Miami about? Casey McGehee. Has a .320/.389/.783 slash line. Relatively cheap, team-friendly contract. Arbitration eligible next season, doesn't hit FA until 2016.
July 7, 201412 yr Casey McGehee. Has a .320/.389/.783 slash line. Relatively cheap, team-friendly contract. Would be interesting. Would definitely strengthen the bench even when/if Joey comes back. But can he play 1st? I like the way Todd is playing 3rd. And I'd be interested to hear what it would cost us.
July 7, 201412 yr Would be interesting. Would definitely strengthen the bench even when/if Joey comes back. But can he play 1st? I like the way Todd is playing 3rd. And I'd be interested to hear what it would cost us. Yes, he plays strictly 3B in Miami, but has played some 1B in his career as well.
July 7, 201412 yr Yes, he plays strictly 3B in Miami, but has played some 1B in his career as well. Frazier could play 1B as well so they could make it work.
July 7, 201412 yr Would be interesting. Would definitely strengthen the bench even when/if Joey comes back. But can he play 1st? I like the way Todd is playing 3rd. And I'd be interested to hear what it would cost us. He's making approximately 1.5 million this year. He can play both 1st & 3rd.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.