Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds vs Cubs 7/7-7/10

Featured Replies

I think I heard that the Reds are 18-7 in their last 25. Just gotta keep chipping away.

 

So at what level do the Reds need to play from this point to get to 90 wins? Two weeks ago the radio talking heads in Cincinnati were all ranting that to get to 90 wins they had to play at a .600 clip and that's never going to happen, yada, yada, yada. I always laugh when I hear talk like that before a baseball season is even half over. One hot streak blows all that talk to smithereens.

 

It is like the BCS in football when everyone starts screaming how horrible it is with 4 games left in the season but so much can change over those 4 weeks it is crazy to speculate. Baseball is a marathon. We are at the 14 mile post. A lot can happen. People who get crazy and jump off the bus of any decent team before the middle of August are silly.

  • Replies 646
  • Views 63.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really thought Hamilton was going to try to go all the way on that triple. Relay had the ball and was in position to throw home (from about 150 feet away probably) as he was rounding 3rd....Probably would've been nailed, but at that point I would've loved to see him go for it.

My girlfriend reminded me last night when I got home, but ever since her friends bought him a shot of tequila a while back at Holy Grail, he's been on an absolute tear.

So at what level do the Reds need to play from this point to get to 90 wins? Two weeks ago the radio talking heads in Cincinnati were all ranting that to get to 90 wins they had to play at a .600 clip and that's never going to happen, yada, yada, yada. I always laugh when I hear talk like that before a baseball season is even half over. One hot streak blows all that talk to smithereens.

 

It is like the BCS in football when everyone starts screaming how horrible it is with 4 games left in the season but so much can change over those 4 weeks it is crazy to speculate. Baseball is a marathon. We are at the 14 mile post. A lot can happen. People who get crazy and jump off the bus of any decent team before the middle of August are silly.

They are 46-42 right now. Need to go 44-30 the rest of the way.

They are 46-42 right now. Need to go 44-30 the rest of the way.

 

So less than the .600 clip is now needed to get to 90.

 

On the other hand, if 18-7 in the last 25 is correct .... if they keep that up the rest of the way, they end up with 100 wins.

^ I don't see them winning 70% of their games the rest of the way. :lol2:

^ I don't see them winning 70% of their games the rest of the way. :lol2:

 

They did over the last 25. But I agree, I don't see it either. I am just making the point that these projections are all so iffy you can't get too caught up in them.

  • Author

Votto finally to the DL

Hamilton CF

Frazier 1B

Phillips 2B

Bruce RF

Mesoraco C

Heisey LF

Santiago 3B

Cozart SS

Cueto P

They didn't call anyone up? What the hell are they doing?

 

Pena is back from Paternity and they kept Barnhart. My guess is after the double header, Barnhart goes back down and Lutz comes up.

Pena is back from Paternity and they kept Barnhart. My guess is after the double header, Barnhart goes back down and Lutz comes up.

 

Sounds about right. I like the idea of carrying 3 catchers for the DH.

Pena is back from Paternity and they kept Barnhart. My guess is after the double header, Barnhart goes back down and Lutz comes up.

 

That's just stupid. Send Barnhart down and bring up someone for 1B today.

 

You catch Meso one game, catch Pena the other.

 

Game one they're playing the trio of Meso, Santiago, and Frazier at 1B, 3B, and C.

 

That means game two is going to be Frazier at 3B, Pena at 1B, and Barnhart C.

 

I'd rather have Lutz out there than Barnhart.

Sounds about right. I like the idea of carrying 3 catchers for the DH.

 

Why? It does no good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.