Best Incoming Freshman 9th Region

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there a poster on here last year raving about all of the Holy Trinity players? Are those boys all at NCC?

McDaniel, too, I believe, is at NCC. I only saw Holy Trinity play a few times, but was Posey the best on that team? Admittedly, I didn't see them much, but I saw a lot more of Pangallo, Hall, Iles and McDaniel... just a little surprising, given what I saw, that he would be the one player off of that team identified as one of the region's top incoming freshman.

From what I'm hearing 3 of the 4 will not see any frosh minutes, going straight to JV. Two possibly dressing with the "big boys". :idunno:

Here's the story on the Fredrick kid. He did not get cut. Not sure if Moe has even had tryouts yet. He was one of only a handful of frosh that got invited to go with Moeller to a team camp this summer. So he can play. He wasn't getting cut. His uncle is on the Moeller staff. Sometimes a school just isn't the fit the kid had hoped it would be. That's the case here. Timing isn't normal but when you're unhappy timing is irrelevant. He finally made a decision to seek a better fit. He is very familiar with CCH obviously. He has been to a lot of games over the last couple of years. Shadowed for a day this week. Made the decision to come. Happy thus far. CCH is thrilled to have him in the program. Someone mentioned "25 to 30 a game." That's not him. That's his 8th grade cousin who is an 8th grader.

Edited by Clyde

Here's the story on the Fredrick kid. He did not get cut. Not sure if Moe has even had tryouts yet. He was one of only a handful of frosh that got invited to go with Moeller to a team camp this summer. So he can play. He wasn't getting cut. His uncle is on the Moeller staff. Sometimes a school just isn't the fit the kid had hoped it would be. That's the case here. Timing isn't normal but when you're unhappy timing is irrelevant. He finally made a decision to seek a better fit. He is very familiar with CCH obviously. He has been to a lot of games over the last couple of years. Shadowed for a day this week. Made the decision to come. Happy thus far. CCH is thrilled to have him in the program. Someone mentioned "25 to 30 a game." That's not him. That's his 8th grade cousin who is an 8th grader.

I take it he lives in Ohio and has to move to KY? I'm not familiar on the out of state eligibility bylaws. Hope it all works out for the kid and he is happy at cch.