Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hobby Lobby - Supreme Court - Acceleration of Secular Earth

Featured Replies

I am all ears, what is the truth?

 

The truth is it is wishful thinking on the author's part, or do you really believe he wishes another result?

  • Replies 73
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless you're a policy-making health-care executive, it's kind of hard to use that as absolute assurance.

 

What part of any issue has absolute assurances?

Nobody has ever explained why birth control needs to be covered by a company's insurance?

 

Like other medications, it's extremely expensive when you have to pay without insurance. It's something that is between a female and her doctor, and if people really don't understand it, ask a 9 year old who deals with problematic cycles and birth control helps to keep them under control.

 

I'm christian and this in no way is a 'christian victory'...it's a religious, MALE victory.

Like other medications, it's extremely expensive when you have to pay without insurance. It's something that is between a female and her doctor, and if people really don't understand it, ask a 9 year old who deals with problematic cycles and birth control helps to keep them under control.

 

I'm christian and this in no way is a 'christian victory'...it's a religious, MALE victory.

 

I commented on this in the other thread. The point wasn't just birth control. Why does anything HAVE to be covered??? Private, or publicly traded, companies should be able to choose what they offer to cover and not cover. It is their business, let them make that crucial decision. They'll lose out on qualified candidates who prefer better benefit packages. This is not a religious victory. This is a free enterprise victory. Religious groups are going to claim this as their own, and liberals will rail on the other side. The truth is, the Government's (Obama's) attempt to cram ACA down everyone's throat caught a snag and I love it.

Like other medications, it's extremely expensive when you have to pay without insurance. It's something that is between a female and her doctor, and if people really don't understand it, ask a 9 year old who deals with problematic cycles and birth control helps to keep them under control.

 

I'm christian and this in no way is a 'christian victory'...it's a religious, MALE victory.

 

I really don't know, do the 4 out of 20 drugs HL objects to get used for problematic cycles? If so, is there specific reasons the other 16 cannot be used for these problems?

I am well aware of the "medicinal" uses of BCPs. With that said I'll ask again why is this group of drugs singled out to be covered at no cost? I continue to maintain that there are other medicines and medical devices that are at least as important if not more so to their users. I can't function without my corrective lenses, why is my ability to see clearly less important then a woman's need for these medications? But no one seems to have a problem with people spending hundreds of dollars a year for corrective lenses, or diabetes medicines, or heart medications et al.

Like other medications, it's extremely expensive when you have to pay without insurance. It's something that is between a female and her doctor, and if people really don't understand it, ask a 9 year old who deals with problematic cycles and birth control helps to keep them under control.

 

I'm christian and this in no way is a 'christian victory'...it's a religious, MALE victory.

 

 

How extremely expensive are they?

Unless you're a policy-making health-care executive, it's kind of hard to use that as absolute assurance.

 

 

Not a health care executive but I am a 25+ year retail pharmacist that can assure you this is what happens.

I am well aware of the "medicinal" uses of BCPs. With that said I'll ask again why is this group of drugs singled out to be covered at no cost? I continue to maintain that there are other medicines and medical devices that are at least as important if not more so to their users. I can't function without my corrective lenses, why is my ability to see clearly less important then a woman's need for these medications? But no one seems to have a problem with people spending hundreds of dollars a year for corrective lenses, or diabetes medicines, or heart medications et al.

 

Good point, would like to hear why birth control is more important than those.

Much has also been made of the undisputed fact that hormone based oral contraceptives have other functions then birth control and I haven't heard one person dispute that but please tell me what other function an IUD serves?

This is a classic example of winning the battle but losing the war.

 

Sadly, way too many people have no idea what the true war is. I do, and I know He has already won.

Good point, would like to hear why birth control is more important than those.
Answer is simple. It's easier to politicize, lie about and spread fear to receive votes than the other medical issues.
  • Author
The truth is it is wishful thinking on the author's part, or do you really believe he wishes another result?

 

I believe he wishes that exact result so we don't disagree there. On the other hand, just because it's wishful thinking on his part doesn't mean there isn't a lot of truth to it.

Wireless birth control via on-off chip could be on the market in four years. (Just don't mention it to the same-faith five on the Supreme Court.)

 

Bill Gates Backs Birth Control With Wireless On-Off Switch

Have they blocked any Birth Control? No, they have just said a company doesn't have to pay for it...you keep swinging though, it's fun to watch!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.