Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fair or Unfair?

Featured Replies

Please refer to post #19. It makes references in which our legal system is being subjected to Sharia Law. Sharia is what the extremists are pushing for as the guiding principles in Islamic countries. And if you will take the time to look them up, there are other examples that pop up.

I have preached that same thing in another post about the FBI finding the criteria for Muslims to take over. One was to eventually have sharia law implemented.

  • Replies 120
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please refer to post #19. It makes references in which our legal system is being subjected to Sharia Law. Sharia is what the extremists are pushing for as the guiding principles in Islamic countries. And if you will take the time to look them up, there are other examples that pop up.

 

I'll be happy to read any link that you provide.

I've yet to see specific examples that make the Christian faith a threat to our country. I've seen hyperbole and fear mongering but as I stated earlier I'm disappointed in RM's take. I don't agree with her all the time but I've never seen her take such an extreme position . That is exactly what the position the article posted in this thread was an extreme liberal view. A view without any validity or fact behind it .

I don't believe that any religion should take over our country, Islam and Christianity included.

I don't remember anyone on here advocating that a religion "take over the country"...but maybe I missed it.

I don't remember anyone on here advocating that a religion "take over the country"...but maybe I missed it.

There are those espousing that it will happen.

I'll be happy to read any link that you provide.

 

While providing info to students is one way of learning, the best way to learn is to look it up yourself, read and digest the material yourself.

:rolleyes:
While providing info to students is one way of learning, the best way to learn is to look it up yourself, read and digest the material yourself.
I agree. Teachers are best thought of as guides to learning. If one's knowledge is limited to what one is taught, then that knowledge will never exceed that of one's teachers.
Please refer to post #19. It makes references in which our legal system is being subjected to Sharia Law. Sharia is what the extremists are pushing for as the guiding principles in Islamic countries. And if you will take the time to look them up, there are other examples that pop up.

As best as I can determine, the application of Sharia law in the U.S. is mostly restricted to divorce/child custody cases involving Muslim father and Muslim mother. Hardly a threat to our American way of life.

As best as I can determine, the application of Sharia law in the U.S. is mostly restricted to divorce/child custody cases involving Muslim father and Muslim mother. Hardly a threat to our American way of life.

 

It's called one step at a time. Their goal is to get the foot in the door and little by little use more cases for this.

While providing info to students is one way of learning, the best way to learn is to look it up yourself, read and digest the material yourself.

 

As a teacher, I would also expect my students to provide links when the specific examples of Sharia law in the US were brought up earlier. That did not happen and I was hoping that would come out of my post.

 

If you do not wish to provide support for your claims, that is on you.

As a teacher, I would also expect my students to provide links when the specific examples of Sharia law in the US were brought up earlier. That did not happen and I was hoping that would come out of my post.

 

If you do not wish to provide support for your claims, that is on you.

 

I think this is what you need.

 

http://shariahinamericancourts.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Shariah-Law-and-American-State-Courts-1.3-05202011.pdf

I'm more interested in the scientific angles. The piece is obviously written by someone to the left of even me.:D

 

Or is this ground that we've already plowed?

 

I do worry about our performance in science and math, for example. Are the author's points valid, or should we just consider the source and dismiss them out of hand?

 

Why only science and math? Our cultural value of education, period, is diminishing in comparison with other countries...it is just science and math that is measured due to their relationship to technology. It is the very left-leaning (progressive) values that enable the dependence society in which we are fostering which decay our value of education. So why worry, isn't it what the left wants?

Why only science and math? Our cultural value of education, period, is diminishing in comparison with other countries...it is just science and math that is measured due to their relationship to technology. It is the very left-leaning (progressive) values that enable the dependence society in which we are fostering which decay our value of education. So why worry, isn't it what the left wants?

 

When it comes to accountability testing in public schools, science isn't valued nearly as much as English, reading and math. For the high school ACT, Kentucky has set benchmarks in those areas (lower than the actual ACT benchmarks....how's that or lowering the bar?) but does not set one for science reasoning.

 

Also, the Program Review component encompasses a very large piece of the accountability puzzle, moreso than any other part. Though not tests, this combines what is occurring in arts and humanities, technology education and health and PE. Though science is a corollary to some of those areas, science is a tiny piece of the accountability puzzle, only outranking history and foreign language.

 

As to the hyperbole in your last sentence, that's like saying that the right is "pro-birth" not "pro-life" as they don't care that a baby is taken care of after it is born, as long as it is indeed born.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.