June 23, 201412 yr I brought my rifle and a couple of pistols with me to work today, just in case the crusaders come storming in. I'm on high alert.
June 23, 201412 yr I brought my rifle and a couple of pistols with me to work today, just in case the crusaders come storming in. I'm on high alert. I'm packing, too, though maybe we would better be served with tinfoil hats.
June 23, 201412 yr I'm packing, too, though maybe we would better be served with tinfoil hats. Or turbans.
June 23, 201412 yr I think this is what you need. http://shariahinamericancourts.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Shariah-Law-and-American-State-Courts-1.3-05202011.pdf I'm only on page 40 but I have yet to run across anything worrisome. Can you point out the pages/sections that concern you?
June 23, 201412 yr Or this: No, Shariah Law is Not Being Imposed in the US | Winning Progressive Or this: Those defending US Constitution from sharia must have failed high school civics - CSMonitor.com Enlightening reads, particularly the second one.
June 23, 201412 yr So one type is worse than another?I guess whatever those gnarly Christians will wear are far worse. Whatever those are. Maybe they'll all come in those hats like the Pope wears that look like upside down post hole diggers.
June 23, 201412 yr When it comes to accountability testing in public schools, science isn't valued nearly as much as English, reading and math. For the high school ACT, Kentucky has set benchmarks in those areas (lower than the actual ACT benchmarks....how's that or lowering the bar?) but does not set one for science reasoning. Also, the Program Review component encompasses a very large piece of the accountability puzzle, moreso than any other part. Though not tests, this combines what is occurring in arts and humanities, technology education and health and PE. Though science is a corollary to some of those areas, science is a tiny piece of the accountability puzzle, only outranking history and foreign language. As to the hyperbole in your last sentence, that's like saying that the right is "pro-birth" not "pro-life" as they don't care that a baby is taken care of after it is born, as long as it is indeed born. Well...I'm not one to speak for the right either as I would consider myself a pro-choice. But I guess one could come to that conclusion, but doesn't Planned Parenthood promote adoptions? I think the rest of your useful information would confirm what I was asserting - that our educational values in general are not acceptable. On another point, clergy (regardless of the denomination) become more influential in an un-educated society than an educated society, history would show. Example in our country would be slavery which was supported by many clergy in the south who convinced their followers that it was the right and just thing to do even though it offended the sensibilities of many.
June 23, 201412 yr Well...I'm not one to speak for the right either as I would consider myself a pro-choice. But I guess one could come to that conclusion, but doesn't Planned Parenthood promote adoptions? They may, but it evidently not something they are proud of...they don't list it on their fact sheet http://cnsnews.com/sites/default/files/documents/PP_Services%285%29.pdf
June 23, 201412 yr I guess whatever those gnarly Christians will wear are far worse. Whatever those are. Maybe they'll all come in those hats like the Pope wears that look like upside down post hole diggers. To each their own type of hat...and religion. Neither should be used in decisions of law in our country, though the tenets of many religions align well with our laws and vice versa.
June 23, 201412 yr I brought my rifle and a couple of pistols with me to work today, just in case the crusaders come storming in. I'm on high alert. I thought taking a rifle and a few pistols to work was just a normal day for you??????
June 23, 201412 yr To each their own type of hat...and religion. Neither should be used in decisions of law in our country, though the tenets of many religions align well with our laws and vice versa.And that's how it is currently, but you'd never know it with the fear mongering raging in this thread. Unfounded for what it's worth.
June 23, 201412 yr And that's how it is currently' date=' but you'd never know it with the fear mongering raging in this thread. Unfounded for what it's worth.[/quote'] I assume you feel those supporting the impending takeover of our nation's laws my Muslims as fear mongering as well as what I stated about Christians?
June 23, 201412 yr I assume you feel those supporting the impending takeover of our nation's laws my Muslims as fear mongering as well as what I stated about Christians? I do. But your comparison to the mass violence of the Muslim extremist of the day to current day Christian terror was so over the top, there's not a name for it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.