Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Carry

Featured Replies

That is good. You must have a compact weapon which helps a a lot. Do you have in inside the waistband holster or out?

 

While a compact fire arm is easier, I know of people how carry full sized 1911's and no one notices. I have a Smith and Wesson 686+ with a four inch barrel which is a large L Framed revolver that I often carry in my Comp-tac CTAC inside the waist band holster and no one notices it.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You may be correct. Walmart does this. If you can legally conceal they are OK with you concealing but if you open carry, you will be asked to conceal or if you are not legally permitted to conceal, you must take the gun to your car. I am told Walmart will even ask you to reposition a firearm if you are printing.

 

If so that is a new position on their part. Old position was that open carry was fine as long as no one was causing problems, their was no issue. Invariably you would also seem to get a customer that would call 911 though every time someone came in with open carry.

  • Author
While a compact fire arm is easier' date=' I know of people how carry full sized 1911's and no one notices. I have a Smith and Wesson 686+ with a four inch barrel which is a large L Framed revolver that I often carry in my Comp-tac CTAC inside the waist band holster and no one notices it.[/quote']

 

Yeah I've seen it both ways. I have a Glock 17 and 19. I carry the 19, just more comfortable in the car but it's the smallest I'd go.

Yeah I've seen it both ways. I have a Glock 17 and 19. I carry the 19, just more comfortable in the car but it's the smallest I'd go.

 

I see, you are referring to comfort. When Deuce said no one noticed and you said he must have a compact, I thought you meant because no one noticed he must have had a compact. Now I see where you are going.

[ATTACH]45306[/ATTACH]

 

Absolute greatness.

 

Wonder how much more fuss this would cause in Texas?

Are you sure? When I took my conceal carry class' date=' we were told if you are asked to leave, you cannot refuse to leave, that would be trespassing but if you left peacefully, no charges would stick.[/quote']

You should leave as if you don't they will call the PD anyway and you will have to leave then anyway.

I don't have my permit yet' date=' but I've been "practicing" concealing while around friends and family. Trying to get used to the idea of having it on my hip, and getting used to making sure it is concealed. Every time I've done it so far, nobody had a clue I was wearing it.[/quote']

What I did was west it with no rounds until I was comfortable, then added rounds, then after I was comfortable I added one to the chamber

That is good. You must have a compact weapon which helps a a lot. Do you have in inside the waistband holster or out?

 

IWB holster, XD 40 sub compact.

  • Author
IWB holster' date=' XD 40 sub compact.[/quote']

 

That is a perfect conceal weapon and with the IWB nobody should ever notice you with it.

  • Author
I see' date=' you are referring to comfort. When Deuce said no one noticed and you said he must have a compact, I thought you meant because no one noticed he must have had a compact. Now I see where you are going.[/quote']

 

Yeah I have the Blackhawk belt holster so the 19 will jab at me in the car. I've only been caught with it when getting in and out of a car.

IWB holster, XD 40 sub compact.

 

Did you get the Holster from the guy in Bluegrass Industrial Park or else where?

Did you get the Holster from the guy in Bluegrass Industrial Park or else where?

 

I still have a cheap IWB holder. I'm going to get a good one from that place you told me about.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45287[/ATTACH]

 

[ATTACH]45306[/ATTACH]
I see no difference, both would cause concern if you're sitting in a restaurant and either of these groups game walking in armed like this. I'm as pro gun as they come, but stupid is stupid.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.